Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000 eu bill for 2 months

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pipina

yeap thats what i want to say,my reading meter jump in two months for 10890 units...looks like first number turn from 38999 to 49000,i hope they will accept complain..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

Def a meter issue. Even if you look at the last week (25th March to the 31st march) then the usage has normalized with only 52 units used over that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

PrzemoF wrote: »
    kW - unit of power indicating momentary electrical power usage. i.e. a kettle has power of 3kW

kWh - unit of energy usage i.e. I used 200 kWh last month.

A 1 kW device switched on for one (1) hour uses 1 kWh of energy

A kettle of 3kW power switched on for 2 hours 6 kWh of electrical energy and so on.

I guess you wanted to say 190 kWh per day, so 190 kWh / 24 h gives 7.92 kW of electrical power.

It's roughly the same as an electric shower - it would have to be running non-stop to clock 190 kWh per day.

Have you tried to contact your electricity provider and make a complain that the meter is broken and it went from 38999 to 49000 instead 39000 kWh?

Maybe the mrs likes long showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pipina

man from esb give new meter reading...waiting for resolution,airtricity send remainding to pay bill,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Make contact with airtricity about why you can't pay and what is happening. They can insist the esb networks disconnect you for non payment and the esb networks hands are a kinda tied. They will have to disconnect. If you are talking to them, there is less risk of this happening.

Advertisement