Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In Call Volume Problem on iPhone 4S

• 31-03-2014 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

When I'm on a call I can barely hear the person at the other end.

I have volume turned up to max, and it's fine when chatting on loud speaker or when audio is playing on loud speaker.

I have tried cleaning the microphone next to the camera, blown it, sucked air etc but the volume on a call is still really low.

Any ideas guys?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Do you push the volume up while IN the phone call ?

(Also make sure you do a hard reset just to see if that helps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Piliger wrote: »
    Do you push the volume up while IN the phone call ?

(Also make sure you do a hard reset just to see if that helps)

Tried both and still a really low on call volume :(

Does this cover ALL calls ? Incoming and outgoing ? All networks ? have you made calls over the internet such as Skype or Facetime or Viber ? 3G and Wifi ?

Does this cover ALL calls ? Incoming and outgoing ? All networks ? have you made calls over the internet such as Skype or Facetime or Viber ? 3G and Wifi ?

Incoming, outgoing, wifi, 3G and viber calls.

Really frustrating!

...... and it's definitely not your hearing ? (no joke ... have you asked someone to make a call on your phone .. to check ?) :D

• Advertisement

...... and it's definitely not your hearing ? (no joke ... have you asked someone to make a call on your phone .. to check ?) :D

Nope it's defo the phone as I've compared the sound to my sisters 4S and were both in agreement mine is definitely lower

Nope it's defo the phone as I've compared the sound to my sisters 4S and were both in agreement mine is definitely lower

Running out of ideas ... Looks like a speaker hardware problem :(

Running out of ideas ... Looks like a speaker hardware problem :(

Might be of interest:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5022551

Sorry can't link as I am posting from my iPhone.

If it is a speaker hardware problem, is it expensive to repair?

Advertisement