Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Pay meter

Options
  • 31-03-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Tenant left one of my property last week. I inspected the property after the tenant left. I found a
    ESB Pre- Pay meter installed where the bill pay meter was. 

I was not informed or did i given content for a third party to install any equipment in my property.

I rang the previous tenant to get the card, to top up. I got 50 euro to top up the account, as i got the repiept it said €12.50 had been loged in the A/C.

Is the previous tenant in arrears..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi manutd,

Thanks for your post.
    manutd wrote:
    Is the previous tenant in arrears.

For data protection, we can only discuss account details with the registered account holder, or a nominated contact.
    manutd wrote:
    I was not informed or did i given content for a third party to install any equipment in my property.

We regret to hear this. Before we install a pay-as-you-go meter in a given property, we ask the account holder if they are the owner of the property. If not, permission from the landlord or letting agency is required.

Are you looking to have this meter removed? And has the account been changed back into your name? Please feel free to send us your account details by private message if you would like us to look into this further for you.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

What will happen the arrears, if i change it to my name. Do you go after the previous Tenant.
    i just don't want to paid his arrears.

Hi manutd,

Only the registered account holder would be liable if there were any arrears on the account. Your own account would be completely separate.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Thanks, i rang up there and gave the meter reading and all is sorted.

Thanks

Good to hear manutd, thanks for letting us know. :)

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement