Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car hire - Dublin port v Dublin airport

• 31-03-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to plan a visit home, travelling from Holyhead to Dublin Ferryport, and looked into the cost of hiring a car from the ferry port.

Whatever way I work it I can't get the cost of car hire to be any less than twice the cost of the same days car hire from the airport?

Is this just supply and demand, or is there some huge extra cost to the car hire place at the ferry port?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'm trying to plan a visit home, travelling from Holyhead to Dublin Ferryport, and looked into the cost of hiring a car from the ferry port.

Whatever way I work it I can't get the cost of car hire to be any less than twice the cost of the same days car hire from the airport?

Is this just supply and demand, or is there some huge extra cost to the car hire place at the ferry port?

More competition at the Airport.

Its always in my experience much cheaper at Dublin airport that non Airport locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I think I'll get a taxi to the airport. Spend the €180 I save on something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Ask for pick up from the port ;-)

Last time I rented car they picked me from my office.

Tom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yep, enterprise do pick ups - be happy to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Enterprise do pick up from near their locations - would prob be as cheap getting taxi to their city centre branch (Russel St?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement