Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just bought a Nintendo 3DS XL and it does not come with charger!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

davo10 wrote: »
    Caveat emptor, it said charger not included, you got what you paid for, where's the consumer issue?

well obviously i didn't see the sticker when i bought it! i got it home and had no way of charging it and was peeved because it meant i had to travel again to get a charger just to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

breadbin wrote: »
    well obviously i didn't see the sticker when i bought it! i got it home and had no way of charging it and was peeved because it meant i had to travel again to get a charger just to use it.

I can understand your disappointment but to be fair it's clearly printed in a bright yellow banner on both the front and back of the packaging. The front one in particular is not easy to miss.
    http://connecteddigitalworld.com/2012/08/07/review-of-the-nintendo-3ds-xl/

Anyway I believe Smyths will readily accept a return regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

breadbin wrote: »

1cm x 5cm sticker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Cabaal wrote: »
    EU recently passed legislation making it a requirement for basically everyone but Apple to all have standard connections in a few years, Apple was given extra time for this

Apple have a standardised connection USB connection to all of their products.

O2 brought in a measure a years back saying they wouldn't stock phones that had unique chargers.

The Vtech chargers aren't unique either. I've a few barrel plug adaptors from speakers that work with Vtech stuff. Not sure about the 3DS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's unusual that it wouldn't be mentioned. Most places will try to sell you a bundle with a charger as part of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement