Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with buying over a commercial property

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

So a question for you all....

I've found a property in good location but it's located over a commercial unit in a village.

The property is a good size and I'd have funds left to do the property up as I wanted to.

How put off would you be by the property being over a commercial unit as opposed to in an apartment complex/terraced or semi-detached property?

The property is over a hair salon. Other shops close by include a bookies and off license. None of these three shops would be open late or be likely to get early morning deliveries etc....

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Only thing I could think of would be if the salon closed what type of business might open there? Then you could have issues with noise etc. although, would the planning for the commercial premises specify what can operate there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I used to live over a fairly busy salon. Its not too bad; there tended to be a lot of perfumey smelling steam coming from it, but other than that I didnt really notice it tbh.

Worst thing about it was when their alarm would go off randomly on a Sunday morning and nobody bothered coming out to turn it off for several hours. This happened more than once...

Advertisement