Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story with TCD library hours 2014?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Last year the Ussher was open for 24 hours alongside the 24 hour room. Does anyone know what the story is this year with opening/ closing hours? Have they changed for the exam period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

AFAIK the simple answer is it will carry on as now, I'm afraid.

The 24-hour opening of the BLU was made possible due to some fairly hefty funding from the SU. I'm afraid in lieu of such funding my understanding is that there won't be a repeat this year. It'll just be the 1st Floor of the Ussher, and the 1937 Reading Room for postgrads.

This won't help this year's exam candidates, but further floors of the Ussher are due to come on-stream as a 24-hour study area later in the summer. This was due to happen at the start of this year but unfortunately was delayed. See http://universitytimes.ie/?p=24941

• Registered Users Posts: 15 clareog

Oh bummer, will have to cram at home so. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

They could at least extend opening hours on Saturday and Sunday. Closing at 4pm this close to exams is a farce.

And the Hamilton not being open on a Sunday is unfair on us scientists.

Advertisement