Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texturing walls

• 31-03-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm texturing several wall pieces and they all fit to each other but I'm testing a simple line across all the walls. The problem is that even though I've set all the "Unwrap UVW" with the same settings the textures are never perfect even when i edit them manually in the "Edit UVWs" window.

This will cause major problem when my textures get more complex.

What method do i use to make sure all the UVW maps are set up so the line example lines up perfectly?

Image related

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

When I'm sorting unwrapped UVs I will often have the UV window open as well as keeping an eye on the area on the object. Then scroll the UV down with the mouse and if the texture on the object goes down as well the UV is upside down. Either that or select the top edge and make sure the same edge on the UV is at the top.
    Aside from this you should be able to adjust that stripe by moving the UV around a bit on the map or scaling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Watch and learn

Also i use this for my uv mapping, makes it fairly easy saves you a tone of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SomeIrishLad

Thanks lads, once i know you need to do with manually I'm happy. Great vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SomeIrishLad

One other question and all will be solved. When I'm scaling my uvw maps in the editor the scaling tool is very un smooth, it take big leaps when I'm scaling up or down, how would i fix this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

One other question and all will be solved. When I'm scaling my uvw maps in the editor the scaling tool is very un smooth, it take big leaps when I'm scaling up or down, how would i fix this?
    That would normally happen for me if I was moving UV's with a high poly mesh. The only other thing I can think of is some snap setting that might need to be changed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement