Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Union shops don't accept UCARDS

Options
  • 31-03-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Why don't they accept them?

You'd think of all places on campus, they would be the first to offer this as a form of payment! Anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Anytime I've seen anyone use a UCARD its usually 'Swipe - Doesn't Work - Swipe - Doesn't Work - Swipe' It seems to be a very poorly designed system from what I've observed. SU would also have to pay a percentage of the total and might affect their margins I'm guessing. Considerably I'd say even at a low percentage given their turnover and volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I've used my UCARD for printing and in Pulse in Health Science - always has worked for me, on the first attempt.
    But I agree, they really should have them in the SU shops. If they have it in Centra, they might as well have it in the SU shops.

Advertisement