Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free flights from Lycamobile [Subject to some odd T&C]

• 31-03-2014 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Some sneaky T&C's ...

You must apply by post, then ...
    In order to process your application you must give three alternative destinations and three different months of travel. If you application is not completed in this way, your application will not be processed.

And if you don't like what they send you by post ...
    Cancellations and No Shows: Any confirmed booking which is either cancelled or the passenger does not show up for the flights are subject to an administration charge. This charge will be €85 per person for passengers who fail show up for their flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

It must be run by the same bunch who did it for the ISM Driving School. There you could opt in to get a second passenger at a fixed price of 99 eur. Rules similar: 3 destinations (out of 9), 3 months you had to provide, length (3 days weekends, 7 days or 10 days).

In the end they have carefully selected a destination and time (a very bad one I must admit) for which I could book myself two return tickets for 99!

Luckily I had cancelled it before the offer was confirmed, e.g. no charges incurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

I called Lyca to ask about this deal. Holy moley! They couldn't tell me anything about who you fly with or which cities they fly to.

The best part of the call was when I asked if I could fly to Gibraltar. I was asked which part of Gib I wanted to fly to!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Then I was asked where Gib was!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, the short and long of it is.. I won't be bothering with this nonsense.

I pay €29 pm for the national bundle and that doesn't count so sod it.

Thanks for the heads up on the conditions they attach.

Appreciate the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

the full T&C's are on their website here > http://www.lycamobile.ie/sysimages/editorfiles/PDF/FEF_incl_Tax.pdf
    to be honest it would appear that there are trying to ensure that people book a "free" flight, then are giving a ridiculous option to a place they don't go, don't turn up and then Lycamobile (or their travel partner) charge €85 for the no show.
    This absolutely reeks of screwing unsuspecting customers. Would really make me think twice about having anything to do with such a company...
    thanks for the heads up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

This absolutely reeks of screwing unsuspecting customers.

Agreed. A con artist would be proud of this deceptive practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

It meets the highest industry standards, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

how does a no show cost money?? do they plan on extracting €85 euro out of you on the plane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

ted1 wrote: »
    how does a no show cost money?? do they plan on extracting €85 euro out of you on the plane?

Probably not on the plane as it's a no show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Your reading it wrong.

a No show costs 85 euro
    A show costs nothing, there fore they must plan on getting €85 out of you on the plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

How can they made you pay the 85€ if you don't show up ?

• Advertisement

seanaway wrote: »
    I called Lyca to ask about this deal. Holy moley! They couldn't tell me anything about who you fly with or which cities they fly to.

The best part of the call was when I asked if I could fly to Gibraltar. I was asked which part of Gib I wanted to fly to!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Then I was asked where Gib was!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, the short and long of it is.. I won't be bothering with this nonsense.

I pay €29 pm for the national bundle and that doesn't count so sod it.

Thanks for the heads up on the conditions they attach.

Appreciate the thread.
    You did better than my girlfriend, She called them asking the same thing and they just hung up on her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Who are this crowd "Sweete" in the Ts & Cs?

Who are this crowd "Sweete" in the Ts & Cs?
    I presume the owners of lycamobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Jason_ wrote: »
    I presume the owners of lycamobile

No - they seem to be some travel/voucher crowd going by other schemes.

Address supplied is 19 Sandyford in Lyca's T&Cs and 20 Sandyford in my linked post. I think I'll steer well clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Jason_ wrote: »
    You did better than my girlfriend, She called them asking the same thing and they just hung up on her
    He! he! :DThey probably couldn't spell it. :rolleyes:

How can any company expect to put a promo like this out and get business when the call centre can't even find destinations on the map (or even know what countries are)?:confused:
    Anyway, I switched to Tesco mobile. €15 a month and I get the same deal as lyca for €29 (except the data which I never use anyway unless I'm in WiFi zones).

Advertisement