Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 games XV Marketplace

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ASOT wrote: »
    That why you trade them in to cex and make your money back!

Yeah but do CeX even take games without the sleeve cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Afaik they do, I've definitely seen them selling them before.

Would like to get Space Marine today, but there's not much else left catching my eye to make up the deal.

And I really have to stop buying games, this deal has not helped my backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Font know why people are giving out about other people being faster then them buying the games to sell on. EG adverts or cex for cash.

As I have gotting 12 games myself and have traded in 7 myself as why not its easy money paying 3 euros a game and getting 20+ back each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Font know why people are giving out about other people being faster then them buying the games to sell on. EG adverts or cex for cash.

As I have gotting 12 games myself and have traded in 7 myself as why not its easy money paying 3 euros a game and getting 20+ back each.

It can be aggravating if you're looking to just pick up a couple of cheap games to play, that someone else is snapping them all up to sell on for a tidy profit. It's like trying to get tickets to a concert and then finding out that all the tickets have been bought by touts. Generally, if I find out about a bargain, I'll buy what I need and then tell anyone I know who might be interested rather buying all of it up in the hope of selling them on at a profit. But really it's your prerogative what you want to do with the game when you buy it. If you want to buy up all the games and stop other people getting any bargains, there's probably nothing that can stop you doing it but it does frustrate people to know that practice is going on when they can't pick up the 3 or 4 games they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone have dead space 2 and willing to sell it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

no problem with people buying one of each to play and trade or swap when they beat it but the guys that bought dozens of games with multiples of the good games ruined this for all of us and they can go to hell, it is my one peeve with this site when posting bargains there are loads of us here as members that share offers or deals and then there are the lurkers that swoop in and steal the info with out reciprocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

mrcheez wrote: »
    I rate this as bargain of the year so far

Xenoblade Chronicles Special Edition for €18.99 says Hi :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is by far the best gaming bargain I have seen in many years. I bout close to 30 games.

I have had 8 delivered so far, 7 came in boxes with their covers and only 1 came without a cover.

maximoose wrote: »
    Afaik they do, I've definitely seen them selling them before.

Just checked, they dont take them without the covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Anybody get a dispatch email yet from orders with the updated list?(FIFA, COD: Ghosts, GTAV etc.) I got an order confirmation yesterday at half 3 so hoping there not cancelled. The last order I made I got 3/4 games delivered before they sent the dispatch email!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anybody get a dispatch email yet from orders with the updated list?(FIFA, COD: Ghosts, GTAV etc.) I got an order confirmation yesterday at half 3 so hoping there not cancelled. The last order I made I got 3/4 games delivered before they sent the dispatch email!

i ordered some gta v and just got dispatched email now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

When did they update the list ? Looks like I missed out on the good stuff again :(

jamescd wrote: »
    When did they update the list ? Looks like I missed out on the good stuff again :(

They were up for a couple of hours but were snapped up quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

johnf26 wrote: »
    i ordered some gta v and just got dispatched email now

Just got a dispatch email for one of my orders there. Weird seeing as that was the later order I made got the dispatch email first. Still none cancelled so far. Only another 4 to go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Got all 7 of mine, all sent separately lol. a 1.50 euro stamp on each one, all in their boxes, which XV employee came up with this hare brained scheme? Must have lost a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

some of my games had six UK 1st class stamps
    which is about €4.50 to post a €3 item. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Just got dispatch email for GTA v,FIFA 14, cod ghosts and ratchet and clank, lol was finding it difficult to select a 4th game

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Still waiting for a dispatch email for the GTA V, Fifa 14 etc. If anyone got a dispatch confirmed, can you give me an idea what order number you had.

Hoping mine doesnt get cancelled!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Still waiting for a dispatch email for the GTA V, Fifa 14 etc. If anyone got a dispatch confirmed, can you give me an idea what order number you had.

Hoping mine doesnt get cancelled!

Thanks

order 2054 had gta in it got dispatched email on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

johnf26 wrote: »
    order 2054 had gta in it got dispatched email on friday

Thanks. I had order 2055! Will wait and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Order 2050 had GTA and Fifa in it too, but no dispatch email yet. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Still waiting on Blacklist even though I got my dispatch confirmation a 11 days ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

erkifino wrote: »
    Still waiting on Blacklist even though I got my dispatch confirmation a 11 days ago...

I'm the same for Halo 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Thanks. I had order 2055! Will wait and see what happens.

I had GTA and Cod in mine for PS3 and I had order 1992. Still no dispatch email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

My dispatch email arrived in my inbox 2 days after I received my items so I wouldn't be relying on that too much.

My order number was #2003

Hope it will be here tomorrow as 1st thing to do with the games is head to CEX with them ;) easy few euros there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Hope it will be here tomorrow as 1st thing to do with the games is head to CEX with them ;) easy few euros there

Stealing the games from the rest of us :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I hope your games come with no covers so you can't trade them into CeX.

mcw92 wrote: »
    Stealing the games from the rest of us :(

How am i stealing games ?. I paid for them fair and square and i was faster then yous for getting the order in.
    Digitalism wrote: »
    I hope your games come with no covers so you can't trade them into CeX.

LoL did you ever hear of something called a printer to re print the covers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

How am i stealing games ?. I paid for them fair and square and i was faster then yous for getting the order in.

Fair play, you got the games. Well done you.

Why do you feel the need that you have to rub it in everyones face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I got my dispatch mail, and 3 out of the 4 are dispatched. And the last one is cancelled.

Does this mean I get to pick another one, or will I be charged even less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

AdMMM wrote: »
    I got my dispatch mail, and 3 out of the 4 are dispatched. And the last one is cancelled.

Does this mean I get to pick another one, or will I be charged even less?

You should be reimbursed for the 4th game while benefiting from the applied discount on the other three games. (so €9 for 3 games + €2 p&p)

Got my dispatch email as well. 3 out of the 4 with GTAV being the one cancelled. So roll on delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Got my dispatch email as well. 3 out of the 4 with GTAV being the one cancelled. So roll on delivery!

My GTA V got cancelled as well :( but my OH's FIFA and COD GHOSTS were dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I got a dispatch mail this morning too, with GTA 5 cancelled but everything else shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

erkifino wrote: »
    You should be reimbursed for the 4th game while benefiting from the applied discount on the other three games. (so €9 for 3 games + €2 p&p)
    That's the best case scenario there! Very impressive!

Well done for spoiling it for people who actually WANT to play these games.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well done for spoiling it for people who actually WANT to play these games.

Tbh, he's posting purely to antagonise. I think it'd be better for people to ignore him.

Lol. Just off the phone to CEX in Waterford and will give the Dublin ones a call later just in case. Told them to keep an eye out for someone coming in with certain games in the coming days and to double check for games that have reproduced covers. I'm pretty certain they'll be worthless.

They wouldn't like to get such shoddy merchandise I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lol. Just off the phone to CEX in Waterford and will give the Dublin ones a call later just in case. Told them to keep an eye out for someone coming in with certain games in the coming days and to double check for games that have reproduced covers. I'm pretty certain they'll be worthless.

They wouldn't like to get such shoddy merchandise I think.

While I don't agree with what he was doing I found what you done extremely sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anto91

is this still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The offer is there, a lot of games are gone and I'd say a lot of what's still being shown for sale is out of stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Still havent received sleeping dogs two weeks later! Annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cathal99h

I made my first order (of 12 games) the day this post was made, and I just received the last four this morning. So I had to wait over 2 weeks for some of mine, give them another few days guys, they've had hundreds of orders lately.

And just FYI, games ordered:
    Far Cry 3
    Uncharted 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    Deadpool
    The Last of Us
    Borderlands 2
    Portal 2
    Tomb Raider
    Vanquish
    Max Payne 3
    The Walking Dead
    Red Dead Redemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

cathal99h wrote: »
    I made my first order (of 12 games) the day this post was made, and I just received the last four this morning. So I had to wait over 2 weeks for some of mine, give them another few days guys, they've had hundreds of orders lately.

And just FYI, games ordered:
    Far Cry 3
    Uncharted 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    Deadpool
    The Last of Us
    Borderlands 2
    Portal 2
    Tomb Raider
    Vanquish
    Max Payne 3
    The Walking Dead
    Red Dead Redemption

Did you and if so when did you receive the dispatch email?

Ordered The Last Of US and another 3 games a few minutes after this was posted up.

Got 2 games but no sign of the Last of Us and Far Cry 3 yet.

• Advertisement

Ordered: 31st March @ 23:37
    Order Confirmation Email: 1st April @ 00:12
    Dispatch Email: 4th April @ 18:12

Received games bit by bit with all received by 14th of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Ordered: 31st March @ 23:37
    Order Confirmation Email: 1st April @ 00:12
    Dispatch Email: 4th April @ 18:12

Received games bit by bit with all received by 14th of April.

Was max payne 3 in the last delivery? still waiting on my copy.

Remouad wrote: »
    Was max payne 3 in the last delivery? still waiting on my copy.

Nope, I actually got that relatively early. Some time on the week of 04/04/14.

IF I manage to finish it within the next week or two and you don't get it maybe we could do a swap for a similarly old/valued game you don't need anymore or something? Then again, who knows when I'll finish it. :P

Hopefully you'll get it anyway.

Did anyone receive their Splinter Cell: Blacklist without a box? Mine arrived in just a plastic slip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Nope, I actually got that relatively early. Some time on the week of 04/04/14.

IF I manage to finish it within the next week or two and you don't get it maybe we could do a swap for a similarly old/valued game you don't need anymore or something? Then again, who knows when I'll finish it. :P

Hopefully you'll get it anyway.

Well even if I don't get it I can't complain. Would be like giving out about not getting enough presents at Christmas :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement