Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Bike For 16yr Old?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Roguee

Roadcraft wrote: »
    No, limit on cc = 125cc max
    Ohh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Roguee wrote: »
    I kinda want somthing that i can do light offroad trails with, could i get a 250 enduro bike, restrict it and make it road legal? is that possible

Why not buy a cheap bike for the road and something cheap for off road?
    You can't really have the best of both worlds with your choice of bikes/budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Don't despair over the quote quoted. Liberty aren't exactly know for good value. Try AXA and Carol Nash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Boskowski wrote: »
    Don't despair over the quote quoted. Liberty aren't exactly know for good value. Try AXA and Carol Nash.
    Ever been under 25 and tried to insure a bike in Ireland? Unless MCE have come in cheap Liberty will definitely be the cheapest option by far.

AON and CN both still quoting me between 2 and 4 grand and I'm 23 now with 6 years no claims.

Only for Liberty I would not be on a bike at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Boskowski wrote: »

Liberty is by far the cheapest I've come across at that age, but like I said, IBT will drag the price down.

My friend got a quote without IBT and it was over a grand. Did his IBT and it got brought down to just over 700 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Liberty is by far the cheapest I've come across at that age, but like I said, IBT will drag the price down.

My friend got a quote without IBT and it was over a grand. Did his IBT and it got brought down to just over 700 euro.

That's mad.
    I never had any discount for doing IBT.
    Did that include an assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

chrismon wrote: »
    That's mad.
    I never had any discount for doing IBT.
    Did that include an assessment?

neither did i, but i was on the bike a year and a half before i did the IBT, and never thought to mention to them that i had then done the IBT. oh well.
    have the full license now so it doesn't really matter at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Without completing IBT your learners permit isn't valid. So how can they insure someone when they can't legally ride? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Del2005 wrote: »
    Without completing IBT your learners permit isn't valid. So how can they insure someone when they can't legally ride? :confused::confused:

Not sure, he got his quote over the phone and when they asked them if he had rider training he said no and they gave him the quote.

He's done it since though as you need it to apply for your full license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Del2005 wrote: »

easy get out of jail free card for the insurance company - up to the client to make sure theyre on a bike theyre legally allowed ride

similar to them insuring full power bikes on restricted licenses back in the day

• Advertisement
Advertisement