Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer at Belair hunter trials?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was anyone else at Belair HT yesterday and can you remember who was taking photos there? I totally forgot to nip into the tent before i left!

Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

Not 100% sure but think you had to order them on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

I can't open the Facebook link unfortunately, I'm not on FB (yep I'm one of them!) and it won't open unless I join! Ill google hoof prints thou, thanks for suggestions :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

It was Hoofprints but they don't put any images online anymore - you can only view on the day.
    However try emailing Donal with your class & number & see if he will send you what he has to see if you want to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nichionc

Yes it was Hoofprints. Even though they don't post online anymore they still had pics from the previous weeks Brays hunter trials... If you get no joy in having them emailed and knew where they are going this week you could get your pics that way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

He's a wise man not putting photos online, I've seen so many stolen from photographers' websites and used on FB & other places. Some people think that if a photo is online then it's ok to take it and use it, it's not, that's called theft.

On the downside though he also looses business because of not being online so its not all positive for him. If he had a website i would have ordered by now! Surely theres a way they could watermark them online to protect them being copied, if not, there should be. Im not on Facebook so i really don't know what people are up to on the dark side, by whatever means though copying pics is absolutely theft and the photographer is well within their rights to send the thief a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Surely theres a way they could watermark them online to protect them being copied, if not, there should be.

Unfortunately just including a 'watermark' doesn't work. I've seen hundreds of photos on FB, complete with watermarks, etc., still being used. Where one particular photographer has something on the website to prevent 'copying' the image, lots of people will still take a photo of it with their phone, and then post it on FB.

I think while posting photos on websites can help drum up business for a photographer; the problem is coming up with a means to prevent people from 'stealing' the photos. Even just including thumbnails on the webpage aren't helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Like convert said, people steal the images even if they have a huge watermark on them, generally adding a watermark is a waste of time. Lots of people think there's nothing wrong with taking the photo, they give no consideration to the time, equipment, skill and work that goes into producing an image. Wonder how the same people would feel if the photographer, walked into their yard and just took their horse out for a hack without asking for permission.

Just for the record, I was looking to purchase a photo, not steal! I wanted a hardcopy printed for the horses owner as a present. Just thought I'd say it as we've gone way off track!

Thanks for all suggestions btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Did you get in touch with Donal?? he is very nice to deal with & am sure you can still purchase a photo.
    Just for the record, I was looking to purchase a photo, not steal! I wanted a hardcopy printed for the horses owner as a present. Just thought I'd say it as we've gone way off track!

Thanks for all suggestions btw :)

Will catch him this weekend so pretty much sorted. Thanks for all suggestions

Advertisement