Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Drumline ?

• 31-03-2014 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm just outside of Shannon, just off the roundabout that leads to Bunratty, apparently Efibre stops about 200 metres from us, only getting 1mb off vodafone and that's the max they can give us, anyone know of any alternatives ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

BBnet should be able to get you at least 4mb - www.bbnet.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Apart from ADSL the only options are fixed wireless, mobile and satellite. The last two are really last resort.

I'm not too familiar with broadband around Bunratty, but try the following:

BBnet
    Ripplecom
    Imagine WiMax
    Digiweb Metro (Available in Limerick, but might as well chance your arm)

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Cheers for the replies, willing to try anything at this stage, getting just under 1meg with vodafone and thats the best they can do

BBnet should be able to get you at least 4mb - www.bbnet.ie

Are you using them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Check out http://irelandoffline.org/map/ for a few options (tick the Wirless ISP option). Digiweb Metro is not on that map, but depending on your proximity and line-of-sight to Woodcock Hill you might be lucky. No harm in ringing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

threein99 wrote: »
    Are you using them ?

I use BBNet. I consistently get 4mb. I would recommend them.

sasol wrote: »
    I use BBNet. I consistently get 4mb. I would recommend them.

I might give them a go, we are not far from the exit off the roundabout that leads to Bunratty, Limerick etc etc

How much does it cost to install and then monthly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

I might give them a go, we are not far from the exit off the roundabout that leads to Bunratty, Limerick etc etc

How much does to cost to install and then monthly ?

For 4MB I am paying €40.65 a month.

If you only need 3MB, it is about €30 per month.

Install is €100

Price details here

http://www.bbnet.ie/plans-pricing/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Are you using them ?
    Had them for nearly 7 years but fibre is coming to my area in the coming months so I had to leave. Great little company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You might be covered by permanet.ie also ....... a friend has used them for a number of years in a different area and is very happy with the service and response to the odd problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement