Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill 2000 eu for 2 months

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,i have 3 bed house and usualy i spend 150 eu / 2 months,this morning i got bill for 1981.30 euro,i call on customer center and they told me that everything looks normal and i should pay,reading its correct i didnt do mistake,i think that my meter is faulty,what should i do now?PLEASE hepl ,link with details here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057180151&page=1
    :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Pipina,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. From the above thread I gather that you are a customer with Airtricity? If so, I won't be able to check your account for you, but if you want to check to see if there's a problem with your meter, there is a simple test which you can carry out.

To test your meter, turn off the power at the main trip switch. Wait 10-15 minutes and then check your meter. If the dial is still turning (or you have a digital meter and the light still flashing) and usage is being recorded then you should arrange for a registered electrician to check the fuse board.
    They will be able to check whether it is the internal wiring or the meter at fault.

Another optional test would be to see if any of your appliances are faulty. For this you must ensure that nothing is plugged in and using electricity. Go to your meter and after 10-15 minutes the dial should have stopped (with a digital meter the light will stop flashing). By plugging your appliances in one by one you can see if there is something in particular making the meter use more usage than normal.

If you feel there is a problem with the meter then an appointment can be made with ESB Networks to check the meter, this will have to be done through your provider. I hope that the above information will help you, if you've any further general queries about this do let us know but I regret we won't be able to look into the specifics of the account with you as you're not a customer of ours.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pipina

Hi Pipina,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. From the above thread I gather that you are a customer with Airtricity? If so, I won't be able to check your account for you, but if you want to check to see if there's a problem with your meter, there is a simple test which you can carry out.

To test your meter, turn off the power at the main trip switch. Wait 10-15 minutes and then check your meter. If the dial is still turning (or you have a digital meter and the light still flashing) and usage is being recorded then you should arrange for a registered electrician to check the fuse board.
    They will be able to check whether it is the internal wiring or the meter at fault.

Another optional test would be to see if any of your appliances are faulty. For this you must ensure that nothing is plugged in and using electricity. Go to your meter and after 10-15 minutes the dial should have stopped (with a digital meter the light will stop flashing). By plugging your appliances in one by one you can see if there is something in particular making the meter use more usage than normal.

If you feel there is a problem with the meter then an appointment can be made with ESB Networks to check the meter, this will have to be done through your provider. I hope that the above information will help you, if you've any further general queries about this do let us know but I regret we won't be able to look into the specifics of the account with you as you're not a customer of ours.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Hi aoife,thank you for response i, try all things with no  faulty appliance founded,the reading looks normal i thing the front number flip from 3 to 4when turning from 38 999 to 49 000
    ,otherwise it looks like 800 units as normal period usage
    Reading
    24hr Z00006820 31 Mar 2014 Customer 49367 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 25 Mar 2014 Customer 49315 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 23 Jan 2014 Customer 38542 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 27 Nov 2013 Estimate 38022 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 20 Nov 2013 Customer 37937 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 21 Oct 2013 Actual 37576 kWh
    24hr Z00006820 27 Sep 2013 Estimate 37428 kWh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Pipina,

If you think that there is a problem with the meter, then you can ask your provider to arrange an appointment with you for a call-out from ESB Networks. Do be sure to confirm any costs of this with your supplier first.

The telephone number for ESB Networks customer service is 1850 372 757.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pipina

got all sorted out,thank you esb ...now i change back  to esb ,newer listen door to door salers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi pipina, that's good to hear - thanks for letting us know. :)

If there's anything we can help with going forward don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement