Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 1.6d Fuel Consumption

Options
  • 01-04-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I do about 220km round trip each day mainly on the motorway. Use cruise control at 70mph. Most of the time the instantaneous consumption reads about 4.2l/100km. But everyday each way for about 10km it shoots up to 7l/100km at least once. And then straight back down to normal after the 10km. This is while on cruise control. No change in road. I have a feeling the fan is kicking in at the same time.

Surely the fan shouldn't kick in at this time of year. It was doing this when it was freezing out.... Nothing on the gauges... Had the car serviced twice and nothing showed up.

I have the car since last August. Its an 07 diesel 1.6 Volvo. 127klms on clock. (It had 60 on it when i bought it)...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Sounds like the DPF is regenerating, particularly if the fans kick in as well. Our Ford with the same engine behaves something similar to this too.

Advertisement