Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian restaurants in Dublin for students

Options
  • 01-04-2014 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Well :)

So I have a date Wednesday and the girl likes Italian food. It's our first date and I'm a student so as you can imagine I want to bring her somewhere nice but not over the top with good food that's not too expensive (an elusive combination I know!). Anyway, any help would be much appreciated guys.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

A few italian type places in temple bar, parnell st, capel street and georges st. 2-3 course in most for about €15. Even less if it is a daytime date. Time will vary depending on the restaurant. I would say until at least 4pm lunch menu will be available in most.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Would suggest Ristorante Romano on Capel St or Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Café Italiano in Temple Bar ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd suggest Little Caesars on Balfe Street. It's beside the Westbury, just off Grafton Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Il Baccaro in Meeting House Square, Temple Bar. Very atmospheric and have a pre-theatre menu. Food is really nice.

http://www.ilbaccarodublin.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Terra Madre on the quays, it's an amazing Italian, the chefs LOVE food, and everything is fresh and delicious - cheap enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St. The prices are reasonable, food is good, but the service can be hit or miss sometimes. Best to make a booking to make sure you have a seat also. It's very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

sugarman wrote: »
    http://www.pastafresca.ie/

This is it. 2 course €15.95 and 3 €19.99.

Shudders terrible place 2nd Little Ceasers beside Westbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

cson wrote: »
    Café Italiano in Temple Bar ftw.

2nd. Love this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Terra Madre on the quays, it's an amazing Italian, the chefs LOVE food, and everything is fresh and delicious - cheap enough too.

This place. Unique experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

Cafe Italiano is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

FERGAL7 wrote: »
    Well :)

So I have a date Wednesday and the girl likes Italian food. It's our first date and I'm a student so as you can imagine I want to bring her somewhere nice but not over the top with good food that's not too expensive (an elusive combination I know!). Anyway, any help would be much appreciated guys.

Cheers :)

She likes Italian yes? You know the last guy she dated probably brought her to an Italian place too.

Bring her somewhere different. dont ask what she likes , use your brain Fergal. open her eyes up to something you like, not too extreme a place like the spice bomb ghost chillies, but has a nice mixture menu.

Advertisement