If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry system

Options
  • 01-04-2014 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi John (and all)

Looking for a new entry level av receiver system and torn between either....

The 1 box Yamaha YHT-199 or
    The Pioneer VSX423 with SHS100 speakers.

Both similar in price (if I buy lot 14/15/16 in your clearance sale ;))
    And spec wise can't really see much difference, not enough to notice really anyway.

I'm not overly gone on the size of the Yamaha sub, and prefer the Pioneer one! but apart from that! totally at a loss!

Any advice?!

Lar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Lar, unfortunately all of our VSX423's have been sold. We just can't remove them from the list as boards only allows an edit for a certain length of time.

We were clearing these at a bonkers price and the best that I can do on the VSX323 would be £229.95 with the SHS100. I can appreciate what you mean when you mentioned the Yamaha subwoofer. It's not particularly pretty.

The pioneer makes a really good combo and for the extra few £'s, I would have the Pioneer over the Yamaha as the Yamaha speakers are larger in size but as a combination, the Pioneer works better together. Pioneer have been making car speakers for years so they are pretty good at making small speakers sound great.

Hope that helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Hi Lar, unfortunately all of our VSX423's have been sold. We just can't remove them from the list as boards only allows an edit for a certain length of time.

We were clearing these at a bonkers price and the best that I can do on the VSX323 would be £229.95 with the SHS100. I can appreciate what you mean when you mentioned the Yamaha subwoofer. It's not particularly pretty.

The pioneer makes a really good combo and for the extra few £'s, I would have the Pioneer over the Yamaha as the Yamaha speakers are larger in size but as a combination, the Pioneer works better together. Pioneer have been making car speakers for years so they are pretty good at making small speakers sound great.

Hope that helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Yeah it was a good price and I had been considering it based on your website price of £139.95 before I stumbled across your sale items! In terms of the 323 vs 423, what differences are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Larwright.

Essentially the main difference is the microphone setup, more power (30 watts) in the 423 and on-screen display.

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.