Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a second sky box?

Options
  • 01-04-2014 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, and sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm new to It all confused.png

I used to have an old sky box and send a feed through an RF out to the bedroom to watch TV upstairs. I have just had sky+hd installed in my sitting room but there is no RF out to send a picture upstairs so I've put the old box in the bedroom now. When I added a new cable from the LNB to the old sky box (which I have now put in the bedroom) it keeps saying there is no signal yet there is signal downstairs, have I gone wrong somewhere?
    P.S. I only want to use the old sky box for free to air channels like BBC, E4 etc.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

It could be a cable problem or a faulty output on the LNB.

Did you install the cable yourself?
    Recheck the connections at each end of the cable ensuring the outer braid isn't touching the inner core wire. Ensure there isn't any kinks on the cable run.
    Swap over the connection on the LNB to a spare output (or one of the known working outputs to the main box).
    Ensure the Sky box is completely powered off when connecting or disconnecting the LNB cable.

Test the spare Sky box at the main TV point to ensure it's working OK.

Regarding RF output on the new Sky+HD box, this can be added by attaching an I/O Link to the receiver - http://www.tvlink.co.uk/iolink.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neno1000

Hi and thanks for the fast reply,

I will try doing this now soon when the weather is better, hopefully it will work, will let you know :)
    I tested the box downstairs and works fine so probably a problem with the connections as I had done it myself, if all else fails I will buy the I/O link and a magic eye :D

Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neno1000

haha turns out my wiring skills were as good as my cooking skills :o finally got it up and running, just a bad contact between the LNB and F connector. thanks again :D:D

Advertisement