Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Ethernet Module To A Phone Watch System

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have a GE Security Simon XT wireless panel provided by Phonewatch.

I would like to add Ethernet to my phone watch system.

Is it worth it, what can I do from the internet with the phone watch system?

Can I use the Ethernet to alert phone watch if there is an alarm activation?

Or is it only of use to me to monitor the alarm myself

What parts do I need to purchase?

Will the Ethernet module need to be powered independently i.e. will I need to have a separate power supply, or is there a way of powering it from the power supply in the Phone watch panel? Of course this is assuming that I actually need to . purchase extra hardware.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have never seen one. Think there is a way if you add a GSM to the system but its connected to a monitoring station using GPRS, something similar to the way it works on the older Simon system.

Advertisement