Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting: Household Tax question

Options
  • 01-04-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

I started renting my property in may2013, do I need to pay the NPPR this year for 2013?
    When I log into the site it says- €0.00 as a balance. And also on the website it says there's no NPPR charge for 2014? Can anyone advice please?

Hope someone can help me out with this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

You could always give them a call for clarification. They are very helpful on the phone. Click on site link below and find your council and they should be able to assist you.
    https://www.nppr.ie/contactus.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

When you saying renting I presume you mean you let the house and therefore it is no longer your principal private residence. It depends when you did this. I think it's as at 1 march, if it's your nppr at that date then yes €200 was due by June so late penalties apply. There is no nppr charge for 2014 onwards as local property tax fully kicked in and replaced nppr charge.
    Do you own the property that you are living in now? If not, I would maintain that the one you're renting out is your ppr. If not you should pay the nppr. I presume more importantly it's registered for the local property tax and this has been paid for 2013 and 2014?

Advertisement