Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doping allowed for 25 euro more entrance fee

Options
  • 01-04-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

I have seen a memorandum that some triathlon organisations are considering to allow doping ( testosterone and bikes over 4000 euro etc not EPO ) at an extra 25 euro extra charge per race .
    The goal is to lower the entrance fees for those earning less than the 80 000 euro average income of an Irish triathlete and allow those that dont have time to train to buy speed.

What do you think, is that a good idea or to complicated to implement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Oh Peter, you are very late in the day with this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

late in the day for what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Given that it took you until after 12 noon, I thought it might be a little better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Drafting penalties - entrants to be given choice of a time penalty or a fine?

(and the fines pay for more draft marshalls - its a win-win!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

EC1000 wrote: »
    Given that it took you until after 12 noon, I thought it might be a little better :)

In fairness, it's well executed. Hits several nails pretty accurately :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    I have seen a memorandum that some triathlon organisations are considering to allow doping ( testosterone and bikes over 4000 euro etc not EPO ) at an extra 25 euro extra charge per race .
    The goal is to lower the entrance fees for those earning less than the 80 000 euro average income of an Irish triathlete and allow those that dont have time to train to buy speed.

Saw another memo that said there would be an Open Water Permitted Category added to the TI membership cards and that PB3 swim sessions would be mandatory to get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Ive already bought my speedboat that Im allowed use on account of my bad back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

peter kern wrote: »

Ha ha, almost as good as the one about the rest stops in an IM swim..........oh wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Peter

- saw that memo too and have a question for you. ..

I see the ruling is to increase male athletes due to the testosterone benefit.

My question is do you think this could lead to pb3 finally having a male athlete in the 2014 triathlon ireland rankings at last???

Question 2 - is it true you operate the worlds second largest female populated training group? (D-Squad prob trumps you but it's close....) :D

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

fazz whic coach in Ireland has more atheltes coached to nat champs

her is the way i see it base 2 race 0 go tri 0 pb3 5

please correct me if thats not correct

Fazz wrote: »
    Peter

- saw that memo too and have a question for you. ..

I see the ruling is to increase male athletes due to the testosterone benefit.

My question is do you think this could lead to pb3 finally having a male athlete in the 2014 triathlon ireland rankings at last???

Question 2 - is it true you operate the worlds second largest female populated training group? (D-Squad prob trumps you but it's close....) :D

:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement