Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA - A lot more hassle than it's worth, and it costs money

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

stevieob wrote: »
    Still no file for authorisation and no failure to report on it..... so..............Another wasted 20 mins on the phone........ no wiser, they tell me it failed and can't tell me why..................  Very busy I'm told..... they will be in touch!!!!!

Great stuff..... that means you need to hire more staff.

my apologies to the girl who took the brunt end of my frustration on the phone, I do appreciate it is not her fault and I told her that.  She will log my complaints.. but why?  who is going to address them, cause nobody has so far!
    Hi stevieob,

We've just sent you a PM there, our BOL team would be keen to speak to you about this.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Finally 24 hours later I just got a call through with the problem.....  something to do with a date stamp!

amyway, it appears to have processed this time... I await to see the money on our bank before i get to excited :)

firstly, to be fair, someone from BOI did call the other day and left a message....twice in fact.  I was away from my desk both times.  deleted the first message by accident and the second call asked me to return a call to the general call centre number.... not gonna happen!

anyway, money into the bank account yesterday....way hayy!!!! :))

Oh wait....... no it's all been taken straight back out :mad:... now on hold for almost 10 minutes...... i've stuff to do this evening so will give them 2 more minutes to answer and then it will have to be another call tomorrow!!!!

20+ mins now... still on hold.. i'm outta here... this is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi stevieob, 

I have just sent you a PM regarding your recent posts here. Our BOL team would be more than happy to give you call regarding this. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement

never got a call at all yesterday, am on hold again......... maybe somebody will answer today :D

Update, so this morning over half an hour on the phone with someone has resulted in them telling me my file should have been accepted because everthing seemed ok on the face of things.

I need to wait till they look into it further and call me back.

Now relating to reps from Boards getting someone to follow up on my general frustrations, I just got a call.  I spent 15 minutes outlining whatever issues came off the top of my head and then was told he would log them!! hahaha :eek:  I mean, what's the point.  I said it to him, it's all been logged, time and time again...... but nobody has dealt with any of the logs.  Anyway, he said he didn't have the knowledge to answer the queries (fair enough, I've no issue with that), but why was he ringing me in the first place if he couldn't move things along.

So he is getting someone else to call me.  I told him not to bother, unless they listened to our call first and read my posts here, because I really don't want to waste more time just telling someone about my BOI-BOL woes unless they are actually going to act upon them.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Update, so this morning over half an hour on the phone with someone has resulted in them telling me my file should have been accepted because everthing seemed ok on the face of things.

I need to wait till they look into it further and call me back.

Now relating to reps from Boards getting someone to follow up on my general frustrations, I just got a call.  I spent 15 minutes outlining whatever issues came off the top of my head and then was told he would log them!! hahaha :eek:  I mean, what's the point.  I said it to him, it's all been logged, time and time again...... but nobody has dealt with any of the logs.  Anyway, he said he didn't have the knowledge to answer the queries (fair enough, I've no issue with that), but why was he ringing me in the first place if he couldn't move things along.

So he is getting someone else to call me.  I told him not to bother, unless they listened to our call first and read my posts here, because I really don't want to waste more time just telling someone about my BOI-BOL woes unless they are actually going to act upon them.
    Hi Seve OB,

Please be assured that all feedback here is always sent on the relevant area. 

The call you received today was in relation to your posts on the 23rd. The call we arranged last week, the representative was unable to reach you, as you mentioned. 

Business Online has various departments and the team that called you back today were looking into your posts from the 23rd. 

Perhaps you missed our focus group we had recently arranged for any feedback on Business Online. We recently requested on Boards for people to take part in this. We would be happy to include you in any future focus groups if you wish, please send us a PM if so. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah

the guy today didn't know why he was ringing me, just was told I had a technical issue.  He knew nothing of my rants on boards.........

I believe you send the feedback to the relevant area, I also believe that not much gets done about it.

I'll give the focus group a go if the timing is right and doesn't clash with anything

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah

the guy today didn't know why he was ringing me, just was told I had a technical issue.  He knew nothing of my rants on boards.........

I believe you send the feedback to the relevant area, I also believe that not much gets done about it.

I'll give the focus group a go if the timing is right and doesn't clash with anything
    Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for your reply. 

Sorry that our colleague was unaware of your posts, this appears to have been a miscommunication. We do indeed pass on your posts for our colleagues' attention.

If you want to take part in a focus group, please send us a PM to let us know. We can pass on your details to the relevant department and when they are arranging another one they can then contact you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

For the record, it was finally today that someone got back to me relating to the failed files.  That took way way way to much time in any language.  In fairness to the girl, I think she explained the issues and I was able to resubmit the files, so I really hope this time they are ok!

Regarding the general frustrations I have been having and the call I received as a result of boards following up for me........ still no call back!  not that I am to bothered or surprised really... like I said, in one ear and out the other!

Advertisement