Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy large containers of vinegar

Options
  • 01-04-2014 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Bit of a strange one, anyone know where I can buy large, like 5ltr, bottles of white vinegar? I use it for cleaning. Abbey foods used to do 1.5lt bottles but they haven't had them in ages.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

I bought 5 litres of vinegar in the food centre in Cleveragh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Yes but that one is no good for cleaning. It must be at least 5% acidity. The 1.5lt ones the had Chinese brand was 5% acidity

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

I looked at the label and it does not say the acidity. I know Chinese vinegar they sold before, maybe try some of the ethnic shops in the town.

Oh yes that's a good idea didn't think of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Old thread here, no idea if the shops mentioned still exist.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055240778&highlight=vinegar+canada&page=2

• Advertisement

That link doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Well large containers of it I would guess the cash and carry's

Would I not need some kind of business to use a cash and carry? Sorry no clue

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Wave your cash.. I've often bought stuff there and it's never been a problem..

Ok great next question where is the cash and carry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Go down towards Finisklin, past the Ursuline College, there's one just before the junction. I think that's the only one, I know the Rathbraughan one is closed as is Collooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Just wondering if you got anywhere with this? Looking to pick up some today

Hi no I didn't check the cash and carry yet as I still have some here. Id say it would be the best bet though. If you find some will you let me know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Have you tried the Hygiene Warehouse on Mail Coach Road? They have a lot of stuff you wouldn't think of there

Advertisement