Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched from Magnet BB to Eircom- 3 weeks later still no BB

Options
  • 01-04-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I had functioning BB with Magnet: Next gen / fibre cabled to the house with the usual Thomson router and Huawei unit.
    March 10 I phoned Eircom to switch.
    Unfortunately the person I spoke to didnt know the difference between next gen and e-Fibre. In any case an engineer came out on 13th March and installed the phone line and said he'd be back within 2 days to install the broadband- told my wife it would be over the phone line.
    I phoned Eircom on 18th March to verify I wanted next gen Broadband - spoke  to the Broadband team.
    They said this might take 10 days. I explained that I usually work from home- so they said they would put a note on the order.
    10 days later still no broadband - I phoned up and was told the engineer has our number - no idea when the install will be done - no explanation.
    3 further days have elapsed and I am still in limbo with no information as to when this will be done.

What I cannot understand is that my house is all cabled up already and I would have thought this is simply a matter of flicking a software switch or at most a 15 minute call to my house.

When will this be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

petergdub wrote: »
    I had functioning BB with Magnet: Next gen / fibre cabled to the house with the usual Thomson router and Huawei unit.
    March 10 I phoned Eircom to switch.
    Unfortunately the person I spoke to didnt know the difference between next gen and e-Fibre. In any case an engineer came out on 13th March and installed the phone line and said he'd be back within 2 days to install the broadband- told my wife it would be over the phone line.
    I phoned Eircom on 18th March to verify I wanted next gen Broadband - spoke  to the Broadband team.
    They said this might take 10 days. I explained that I usually work from home- so they said they would put a note on the order.
    10 days later still no broadband - I phoned up and was told the engineer has our number - no idea when the install will be done - no explanation.
    3 further days have elapsed and I am still in limbo with no information as to when this will be done.

What I cannot understand is that my house is all cabled up already and I would have thought this is simply a matter of flicking a software switch or at most a 15 minute call to my house.

When will this be done?
    Hi petergdub

Very sorry to hear this, If you would like to PM me your account number I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement