Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Virginia Co. Cavan

Options
  • 01-04-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Just seen that it will be available in this area in April. Is this still going ahead or will their be delays like a lot of other areas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Just seen that it will be available in this area in April. Is this still going ahead or will their be delays like a lot of other areas?
    Hi 2thousand14

I can't foresee delays however delays have happened recently. There have been many launch dates which have hit target since efibre launch so fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Just wondering, are the optic cables buried underground? 

Just wondering, are the optic cables buried underground? 
    Hi 2thousand14

Yes they are underground.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Any updates on this? I know its available in the town but when will it be available in the surrounding areas?

Any updates on this? I know its available in the town but when will it be available in the surrounding areas?

Hi 2thousand14

The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade. Feel free to PM me your specific address or preferably your landline number and I will look in to plans for your specific area :)

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

Hi Alan, thanks for the PM.

My question is why am I clearly shown as in a Efiber Area when its not coming to my area. False Advertising?

Hi Alan, thanks for the PM.

My question is why am I shown as in a Efiber Area when its not coming to my area. False Advertising?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]No worries love that turbo[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There is a message located beside the Map which reads:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]When you click on the 'choose your bundle' it will ask you to enter your address or number and tell you wether your line qualifies.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The shaded green area is for illustrative purposes and within this area (described as 'the efibre area' in the statement above) not all areas & lines will be able to avail of an upgrade.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SeanDeng

Hi

I am also in an area where the coverage map indicates EFibre and I was told by an eircom employee that I should be able to get efibre way back in May. But my line checks still says no efibre.
    Can some clarify the situation please - I am on the Ballyjamesduff road ~1.0 mile from the efibre cabinet  

Thx
    SD

SeanDeng wrote: »
    Hi

I am also in an area where the coverage map indicates EFibre and I was told by an eircom employee that I should be able to get efibre way back in May. But my line checks still says no efibre.
    Can some clarify the situation please - I am on the Ballyjamesduff road ~1.0 mile from the efibre cabinet  

Thx
    SD
    Hi SeanDeng

If you would like to PM me your existing landline number i will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Al

Done

• Advertisement

Done
    Thanks SeanDeng

I have requested clarification from efibre planning and as soon as I have more information I will get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thank You

Thank You

Hi SeanDeng

I can confirm that your line is currently not connected to a cabinet,

While the the efibre (VDSL) Cabinets do have a 2000 metre range the range should not be considered to go from every direction as a predefined route is planned in terms of direction of coverage and sadly this does not go towards your line.

I have contacted efibre operations who advised me that at this moment in time they are unable to offer a timeframe of when to expect efibre but have also advised that plans to increase the coverage from existing cabinets and roll out further cabinets are in consideration. I did ask when would we would be able to offer more information that would benefit you and operations suggested getting back to us towards the end of the year.

Thanks
    Al

Thank You for the Help Al....The honesty is appreciated.

Cant believe I will spend at least another year with best case 3600kbps......but more usually 1000-2000kbps......and often 600-700kbps 

Anyway Thank you very much for the help

Sean

Cant believe I will spend at least another year with best case 3600kbps......but more usually 1000-2000kbps......and often 600-700kbps 

Sean

Hi SeanDeng

Those speeds are indeed disappointing however I will be unable to see why this is the case as your current broadband is not provided by eircom, I've tested your line and I can see it should be offering up to 7MB - the term 'up to' is used as the max of 7 cannot be guaranteed but I can assure you that your speeds should not be dipping as low as 600-700kbps, I recommend contacting the technical support unit of your broadband provider.

Thanks
    Al

hi just wondering any updates on the full roll out, i live just outside the town and still no efibre :( any time scale please

bookalon wrote: »
    hi just wondering any updates on the full roll out, i live just outside the town and still no efibre :( any time scale please
    Hi bookalon

Do is your query in relation to Virginia?

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    hi al,
    yes I'm live in carrigabruise south of virginia in the 049 85 area, id love to switch to your efibre service but every time i ring and check I'm told no not yet, any time scale on when, i don't wanna keep bugging your sales team asking?

robbie 

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    hi al,
    yes I'm live in carrigabruise south of virginia in the 049 85 area, id love to switch to your efibre service but every time i ring and check I'm told no not yet, any time scale on when, i don't wanna keep bugging your sales team asking?

robbie
    Sorry to hear this Robbie

Please PM me your landline number or specific address and I'll look in to this in detail for you.

Thanks
    Al

Please PM me your landline number or specific address and I'll look in to this in detail for you.

Thanks
    Al

Did you get my PM??

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al

Did you get my PM??
    Hi Robbie

Apologies for the delays,

I'm sorry to confirm that at present there is no scheduled date for efibre to reach that area. I've checked with efibre operations who have informed me that they will be unable to offer an indication as there are no plans although they do believe that we should have more news on this area in early to mid 2015.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan

Its been a year so my last check and was wondering if there is any update on efibre for Coppanagh Virginia
    Thanks

Sean

Hi SeanDeng

I am yet again sorry to say that there are still no plans to bring eFibre to coppanagh.

Until more plans are made I'm afraid the news will not change and at present there is no timeframe to advise on this.

Very sorry Sean

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the update
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Sean
    Thanks. Just sorry the news was not better SeanDeng.
    Tony

Hi SeanDeng

I am yet again sorry to say that there are still no plans to bring eFibre to coppanagh.

Until more plans are made I'm afraid the news will not change and at present there is no timeframe to advise on this.

Very sorry Sean

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Guys

With the latest roll outs from EIR is there any update on the plan for my area - Coppanagh Virginia

Thx Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Alan

Its been a year so my last check and was wondering if there is any update on efibre for Coppanagh Virginia
    Thanks

Sean
    You'll never get VDSL, its not economical.

Check the open eir maps for a blue line passing the house, that's a positive indication you'll see FTTH between now and 2020. 

ED E wrote: »
    Hi Alan

Thanks

Sean
    You'll never get VDSL, its not economical.

Check the open eir maps for a blue line passing the house, that's a positive indication you'll see FTTH between now and 2020. 
    Thanks

On the Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map......I have a blue line passing my house !

So I may possibly have FTTH by 2020......mmmh ...I will believe it when I see it....was told in 2013 that I would have fibre by the end of the year...even though the new cabinet is only ~1500 metres away ..I still only get 6 MB 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Thanks

On the Fibre Broadband Network Coverage Map......I have a blue line passing my house !

So I may possibly have FTTH by 2020......mmmh ...I will believe it when I see it....was told in 2013 that I would have fibre by the end of the year...even though the new cabinet is only ~1500 metres away ..I still only get 6 MB 

At that distance you won't get great speeds on VDSL I'm around 1KM or so from the exchange which was fibre enabled sometime last year I can get 25Mb max I trailed out getting Sky to up the speed to 30Mb it was fine until yesterday and it began to disconnect so 25 is the max I'll get.

• Advertisement

Hi

After a long wait I had two Eir reps at my house last night to tell me that Fibre to the Home (FTTH) is now available.

So I have signed up to 1000Mb TV bundle service :)....which will be installed in ~ 1 month.

But now I have another set of tech issues to deal with which hopefully some the Eir reps can help with.

I currently use a bridging modem connected to a very expensive router (Asus RT-3200 Tri-band Gigabit) which I want to continue using for two reasons:
    1) It gives me the coverage I need 
    2) I have a VPN installed on the Router so all my downstream devices think they are in the UK - Smarts TV's etc

What is the Modem Router model used for FTTH by Eir.

Can it be set up in Bridging mode as a modem and pass-thry the broadband to the Asus?  Can I continue to use my Asus Router and VPN ?

Regards
    Sean

Advertisement