Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Virginia Co. Cavan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

SeanDeng wrote: »
    Hi

After a long wait I had two Eir reps at my house last night to tell me that Fibre to the Home (FTTH) is now available.

So I have signed up to 1000Mb TV bundle service :)....which will be installed in ~ 1 month.

But now I have another set of tech issues to deal with which hopefully some the Eir reps can help with.

I currently use a bridging modem connected to a very expensive router (Asus RT-3200 Tri-band Gigabit) which I want to continue using for two reasons:
    1) It gives me the coverage I need 
    2) I have a VPN installed on the Router so all my downstream devices think they are in the UK - Smarts TV's etc

What is the Modem Router model used for FTTH by Eir.

Can it be set up in Bridging mode as a modem and pass-thry the broadband to the Asus?  Can I continue to use my Asus Router and VPN ?

Regards
    Sean
    Hi  SeanDeng,

That's great news. :D

The modem used for the FTTH service is the eir F2000 modem. You can view the F2000 manual here.

I'm afraid as we do not support bridging of modems I would be unable to advise on this. That's not to say you can't explore this at your own discretion. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SeanDeng

SeanDeng wrote: »
    Hi

After a long wait I had two Eir reps at my house last night to tell me that Fibre to the Home (FTTH) is now available.

So I have signed up to 1000Mb TV bundle service :)....which will be installed in ~ 1 month.

But now I have another set of tech issues to deal with which hopefully some the Eir reps can help with.

I currently use a bridging modem connected to a very expensive router (Asus RT-3200 Tri-band Gigabit) which I want to continue using for two reasons:
    1) It gives me the coverage I need 
    2) I have a VPN installed on the Router so all my downstream devices think they are in the UK - Smarts TV's etc

What is the Modem Router model used for FTTH by Eir.

Can it be set up in Bridging mode as a modem and pass-thry the broadband to the Asus?  Can I continue to use my Asus Router and VPN ?

Regards
    Sean
    Hi  SeanDeng,

That's great news. :D

The modem used for the FTTH service is the eir F2000 modem. You can view the F2000 manual here.

I'm afraid as we do not support bridging of modems I would be unable to advise on this. That's not to say you can't explore this at your own discretion. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks for the update.

This would be a show stopper for me.

So one key component in getting my own solution is the network set up name and password.......would Eir share this  as is the case with ADSL ?

Regards
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

One point, you can't use PPPoE if you want the TV service, you need to use IPoE.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SeanDeng

Thx.....does this mean I cant use the VPN ?
    Sean

Advertisement