Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become an irish solicitor

Options
  • 01-04-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone,
    I am a foreigner 48 years old and I need a piece of advice.
    You know, I came here without any English so I had to learn English from the scratch. I had done English FETAC level 5 at Adult Education and then continued my study at further education college.I applied last month for my diploma recognition and I received a responce with the recognition of my diploma in law at level 8. It was very exciting but I do not know what do I have to do then. I read whole information on the Law Society site but there are a lot of gaps I cannot understand.
    Firstly, is there any gap between Preliminary Examination and FE-1 ?
    Secondary, how can I apply for the exeption of the exam?
    Thirdly, there are a lot of preparatory courses for FE-1 and they cost some money. Which one can I use to obtain a grant from SUSI and which onece of them are more effitient?
    Fourthly, I have a family; therefore I cannot stay without any payment during my study. Where may I apply for my everyday life support?
    Fifthly, my English is not good for the ligal study so I have to improve it at any courses. What courses can I undertake so that it will be covered by SUSI or any other grants?
    Thank you for any resonable responces.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the legal discussion forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi,

Sorry, as an aside, can I ask how much it costs to do this " I had done English FETAC level 5 at Adult Education"?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sapulid

Stamp 4 holders are intitled to the course for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stamp 4 holder ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Take it to the proper forum, or continue this by PM if you wish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement