Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo of the diving board

Options
  • 01-04-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows who the photographer was that took this picture of the diving board at Blackrock, its on the wall in the Salthill Hotel. Here is it in the film 'The Guard' but I'd like a copy of the original and was hoping to track down the photographer.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What did the hotel staff state upon inquiry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »

they said the people on boards.ie are normally a helpful bunch so ask the question there and if anyone knows the answer they will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What did google image search return for the picutre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »

"Ask NAMA."

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

See this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

No luck with Google Images and the hotel bar staff gave me a lead that led me a dead end. No luck yet. I'll just have to keep searching for the illusive photographer!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

No luck with Google Images and the hotel bar staff gave me a lead that led me a dead end. No luck yet. I'll just have to keep searching for the illusive photographer!

From other thread a poster says " The diver is one of the Thorntons who organise the annual "Frances Thornton Memorial Galway Bay Swim"

Post photo and ask on their facebook page ;)

Both elusive and illusive, perhaps. Have a closer look at that photo, OP, and see if you spot the digital manipulation...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Both elusive and illusive, perhaps. Have a closer look at that photo, OP, and see if you spot the digital manipulation...

Were two images spliced together, to get both jumpers in the air?

Were two images spliced together, to get both jumpers in the air?

Possibly, but if so I hadn't noticed. The Photoshopping I spotted was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    The Photoshopping I spotted was something else.

You've a keen eye, I couldn't for the life of me tell which image editing software package was used by looking at a photo... :pac:

J o e wrote: »
    You've a keen eye, I couldn't for the life of me tell which image editing software package was used by looking at a photo... :pac:

True dat. It might have been just "airbrushing". :)

Advertisement