Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New GAA TV rights package announced.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭turbocab

lertsnim wrote: »
    And you are willing to pay the massive increase in the licence that would be required for FTA broadcasting via 28.2 degrees east? I will guess no. Even to go FTV costs a lot of money so that's not a viable alternative either.

With UPC I don't get RTÉ for free so why would Sky be any different?

Also as pointed out Saorsat exists if you have problems with terrestrial reception.
    So the QVC shopping channels etc have buckets of cash to be on astra 28.2 I think not.as for sky and upc you can keep them there is plenty to get for free on astra 28.2. why should anybody who pays a licence have to get additional equipment to receive rte when its already on 28.2.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

turbocab wrote: »
    So the QVC shopping channels etc have buckets of cash to be on astra 28.2 I think not.as for sky and upc you can keep them there is plenty to get for free on astra 28.2. why should anybody who pays a licence have to get additional equipment to receive rte when its already on 28.2.
    It was already explained to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

turbocab wrote: »

That post really says a lot.

What programming rights does the likes of QVC have to pay for? Could you have picked a worse example?

I will explain how it works for you.

RTÉ currently pays for rights to programming for 5 million or so viewers. If they go FTA like you want them to then add on the 60 million or so potential viewers in Britain.

I will go back to my question that you ignored. Would you be willing to pay the massive increase in your television licence that would be needed to cover the cost of broadcasting FTA at 28.2 East?

Advertisement