Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are emobile select unlimited family and friends being penalised with high phone c

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I get the feeling things are leaning towards buying your own phone and using sim-only deals from now on. 
    Keep the contract, but buy a sim-free phone.. from elsewhere!
    I like eircom, but they're not being fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Pete, what advantage do I gain from paying more for it sim-free elsewhere? Do I still have the ability to opt out of the contract because I haven't taken an upgrade from them?

Pete, what advantage do I gain from paying more for it sim-free elsewhere? Do I still have the ability to opt out of the contract because I haven't taken an upgrade from them?
    If you're due an upgrade then you must be out of contract by now?
    I was due an upgrade last year but didn't get a new phone.
    Every time I think about it a new iPhone appears.
    So I can leave whenever I like, but the deal I have is good.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

PeteK* wrote: »
    If you're due an upgrade then you must be out of contract by now?
    I was due an upgrade last year but didn't get a new phone.
    Every time I think about it a new iPhone appears.
    So I can leave whenever I like, but the deal I have is good.
    Hi lilywhitearmy and PeteK*

I undersatand completely where you are both coming from and I will pass this onto the relevant team for consideration in the future.

Unfortunately this team would have no control on the prices of the phones on our plans.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Pete yes my contract was up at the end of December. I'm due an upgrade and very badly need a new phone, but am not willing to take an upgrade with eMobile. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I was thinking about upgrading my note 2 to the note 3.... but those handset prices are more expensive than sim free prices. Currently paying eircom about 55 euro for a 'broadband' service that has never gone above 0.8MB download and 0.1MB upload plus a home phone that is never used and now the prices to upgrade the mobile are more expensive than sim free price..... I think it might be time to get the landline out of the house. I take it if i do i loose the 35 euro plan for my mobile and have to move network ?

Pete yes my contract was up at the end of December. I'm due an upgrade and very badly need a new phone, but am not willing to take an upgrade with eMobile. 
    You can keep your plan and buy a phone anywhere. It would have to be a sim-free phone.

Advertisement