Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booked My Flights :)

Options
  • 01-04-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

After constantly talking about it I've booked my flights last night for the 25th of this Month to Perth. I've a job and a house to stay in with a cousin and his friends. Travelling over on my own so pretty nervous about that :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

McGeezerr wrote: »
    After constantly talking about it I've booked my flights last night for the 25th of this Month to Perth. I've a job and a house to stay in with a cousin and his friends. Travelling over on my own so pretty nervous about that :(

No need to be nervous, especially since you have a job and a place to stay, you're sorted!

Although the nerves are hard to shake until you're there, is it the journey or being over there in general? I'm travelling back to Perth on the 17th myself after being at home for a few months and I'm getting a bit nervous too ha but that happens, they wear off over there and you'll be delighted you made the choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Paigne wrote: »
    No need to be nervous, especially since you have a job and a place to stay, you're sorted!

Although the nerves are hard to shake until you're there, is it the journey or being over there in general? I'm travelling back to Perth on the 17th myself after being at home for a few months and I'm getting a bit nervous too ha but that happens, they wear off over there and you'll be delighted you made the choice!

Thanks for the re assurance ! I'm just a bit nervous as it's my first time going a head with a big decision without my close friends or family I'm basically going alone but I'm not at the same time if you get me. And on top of that travelling all that distance seems so daunting. Although, I think this decision is best for me and will provide me with a brilliant experience and a chance to develop as a person being out of my comfort zone.

Has not even kicked in properly that I'm finally leaving !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

McGeezerr wrote: »

I posted this a few weeks ago another thread, I hope it helps. :-)

"Hey!

I get what you mean, I had similar concerns before I left for Oz on my own in January. But honestly, it was the right decision.

I've finally kickstarted my career after 5 years of study. I have Skype, Whatsapp, Twitter, Fb and email to contact my Mam, whom I'm extremely close to, my brothers and friends. And I've my own set of friends established whilst continuing to meet new people.

Think of it this way, its only one year minimum if you want, it moulds you into a fully functioning adult, you gain invaluable life experience and meet new people from all corners.

Plus home is only 24hours away!

I'm only here for less than 2 and a half months and I don't regret it. Don't get me wrong, I have days where all I want is a cup of tea with Mam and Dad or a pint with friends but all that eases after time.

It makes you value home and the things that come with it so much more.

Good luck with everything, just go for it I say."

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

I posted this a few weeks ago another thread, I hope it helps. :-)

"Hey!

I get what you mean, I had similar concerns before I left for Oz on my own in January. But honestly, it was the right decision.

I've finally kickstarted my career after 5 years of study. I have Skype, Whatsapp, Twitter, Fb and email to contact my Mam, whom I'm extremely close to, my brothers and friends. And I've my own set of friends established whilst continuing to meet new people.

Think of it this way, its only one year minimum if you want, it moulds you into a fully functioning adult, you gain invaluable life experience and meet new people from all corners.

Plus home is only 24hours away!

I'm only here for less than 2 and a half months and I don't regret it. Don't get me wrong, I have days where all I want is a cup of tea with Mam and Dad or a pint with friends but all that eases after time.

It makes you value home and the things that come with it so much more.

Good luck with everything, just go for it I say."

THank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

Good Luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement