Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 455 thumbhole

Options
  • 01-04-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Was thinking of trading in my 10/22 and get one of these!
    Dose anyone have one, what do ye think?

ec07533f0d746ee3f08a981b8ad8bc84_zps563e9312.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

duckman!! wrote: »
    Was thinking of trading in my 10/22 and get one of these!
    Dose anyone have one, what do ye think?

ec07533f0d746ee3f08a981b8ad8bc84_zps563e9312.jpg

Friend has one, I find the stock very short and you have to get your head right down on it to look down the scope, you can buy spacers for the butt which helps, trigger springs were also changed out as it was quiet heavy.Other than that it is a nice rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

homerhop wrote: »
    Friend has one, I find the stock very short and you have to get your head right down on it to look down the scope, you can buy spacers for the butt which helps, trigger springs were also changed out as it was quiet heavy.Other than that it is a nice rifle.

I own one and I had everyone of the above problems ,wouldnt really call them problems though as they are only minor and easily fixed.I installed the trigger spring too .I find it a great little 22, best Iv owned to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup.

Same as above. Took out the factory spring and replaced it. Much better. Gone from over 5lb to just over a pound.

The cheek position is fine. The proper rings and it'll never be an issue. The thumbhole gives perfect grip and a sense of security when lugging the rifle around and taking a shot. It has incredible accuracy with clover leaf groups at 100 yards.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14958
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Cass wrote: »
    Yup.

Same as above. Took out the factory spring and replaced it. Much better. Gone from over 5lb to just over a pound.

The cheek position is fine. The proper rings and it'll never be an issue. The thumbhole gives perfect grip and a sense of security when lugging the rifle around and taking a shot. It has incredible accuracy with clover leaf groups at 100 yards.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=14958

what type scope and suppressor are you using?

On the rifle is:
    • Hawke Sidewinder 30
    • Sak Mod
    • Harris 6-9
    • DIP Picatinny rail
    • Hawke Sports 30mm Rings.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

On the rifle is:
    • Hawke Sidewinder 30
    • Sak Mod
    • Harris 6-9
    • DIP Picatinny rail
    • Hawke Sports 30mm Rings.

have you ever used or tried the BSA sweet 22 scope?
    hear alot of people on about them!

No.

One of the first rifles i owned had a BSA on it. I knew nothing about scopes, quality, etc back then so bought what i could. It was a disaster and i needed someone with experience to help me figure out the problem. Anyway that was a fair while ago, and my only reason for not using them now is i rarely see them for sale.

It's not a brand i associate with. It wouldn't be a name i'd look for. Plus with the rise in quality and popularity of Hawke if it's a reliable, yet cheap, scope i'm after it's the one i generally go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

As above changed the trigger spring also changed the striker spring great rifle mine is in .17HMR

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I have the exact same set up as Cass and I've never looked back. Fantastic rifle,superb accuracy and nice and chunky(like myself) to hold and shoot. Once you sort the trigger out it's perfect. Hundreds of bunnies and dozens of foxes later and I'm still impressed every time I use it.

Traded in my 10/22 for it today, and now to play the license waiting game!!!

• Advertisement

What caliber did ya go for?

What caliber did ya go for?

Stayed with the 22lr!
    Love how quite it is, great for the bunnys ;)

A fantastic caliber.

I'd have gone for it if i was still into the target end, but for a pure bunny basher i went with the .17hmr. Plus i've had my fair share of .22s and just fancied a change.

Anyone ever price a spare.22lr barell kit for the HMR's

No, but cannot see it being too dear considering the new price off the gun. I'd say no more than €120 - €150.

Just something in mind for the future

I actually forget from time to time that they can do that.

Its one of the reasons I got the 455 over another Brand/model. A budget sako quad so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Anyone ever price a spare.22lr barell kit for the HMR's

I'm trying to price and get the Single Set trigger model 455 in .22lr but having trouble sourcing one

Here ye go if you want the best and plenty of videos on Youtube on how to change them. With the .22lr rifle you get the plastic magazine spacer part already fitted.

Price as of January 2014: $395
    As of June 2013 these CZ 455 barrels are available in .22 LR, .22 WMR, .17 HM2 and .17 HMR in 2 profiles

http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/cz_455.htm

profiles_crop.jpg

Available in two barrel contours:

Stainless steel barrel that we refer to as the Varmint taper. It is .900" diameter for 3" and then a straight taper down to .630" diameter at 21". This taper is also listed as RF 122 on our special rimfire contour listing. These barrels are made from our 4-groove tight-bore blanks and chambered with a special match-chamber made by PTG and referred to by them as a Lilja match reamer. Weight is 2 pounds 8 ounces (40 ounces) in .22 caliber and 21" length. This profile barrel slips into the stock of our shop test-rifle without any barrel channel modification and fills it up with a much cleaner look than the original sporter profile furnished with the rifle. This is the barrel shown in the image above.
    Stainless steel barrel that is a .900" diameter straight cylinder with no taper. Made from 4-groove tight-bore blanks and chambered with our Lilja match reamer. The weight is 3 pounds 6 ounces (54 ounces) in .22 caliber and 21" length.

So While I'm waiting for the licence to come back I should start planing what to add to my new gun... So what would ye put on it if it was your gun?
    I'm starting from scratch new scope, scope mounts, silencer and bipod.
    Maybe a new trigger spring etc.

• Advertisement

So While I'm waiting for the licence to come back I should start planing what to add to my new gun... So what would ye put on it if it was your gun?
    I'm starting from scratch new scope, scope mounts, silencer and bipod.
    Maybe a new trigger spring etc.

1. DIP Ink. Long version Picatinny rail.
    2. Picatinny mounts. Nothing special.
    3. Half good Bushnell mildot scope with target turrets. 4-12x40mm, 10x40,
    4. Moderator. SAK......(whatever)
    5. Timney trigger the best (YoDave second best)
    6. DIP Ink. firing pin spring.
    7. DIP Ink. Ali magazine well.
    8. DIP Ink. Extended magazine release lever.
    9. 10 shot magazine.

clivej wrote: »
    9. 10 shot magazine.

Is there no real advantage getting this unless the factory one wears out??

9. 10 shot magazine.
    Is there no real advantage getting this unless the factory one wears out??

What part are the talking about????

What part are the talking about????

The magazine well?

The magazine well?

It won't have any effect on the rifle but you know it's there. Just another little upgrade for the rifle.

9. 10 shot magazine.

Can any of these be got online from the USA or UK,
    Or can they only be got through a RFD?

Can any of these be got online from the USA or UK,
    Or can they only be got through a RFD?

Yes & yes

Yes & yes

Any site I've seen won't ship internationally,
    Could you name a few sites??

Any site I've seen won't ship internationally,
    Could you name a few sites??

PM sent

• Advertisement

PM sent

Thanks for the info!!

Advertisement