Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 Online Switching Bonus

Options
  • 01-04-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I see that you have just started offering a €50 online switching bonus to new customers who switch to your electricity only 1 year offer.

Is it possible for those who are at the very early stages of switching and missed out by a handful of days to avail of this offer or will it be necessary to cancel the switching process and start again to get the improved bonus?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Sarn,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query, and I'm happy to read that you've decided to switch to Electric Ireland. I regret that as there are specific dates associated with each of our contracts, if you have already opted for one contract with us then we will be unable to update this for you. Only switches which were submitted from 31st March onwards will be eligible for the new bonus credit amount.

If you've any questions about your switch, feel free to send us a PM with the details and we can look into it for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks Aoife for clarifying that for me. As I have yet to receive any information regarding the switch and I am not yet tied to a contract I will cancel the current process.

Hi Sarn,

When filling in the application to switch online, you must agree to the terms and conditions outlined before the switch is accepted. Once the application has been submitted, the agreed contact comes into effect from that day. There is a seven day cooling-off period in which you can cancel your switch without incurring any exit fee.

If there's anything you'd like me to check for you, do let me know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭Sarn

Hi Aoife. The email I received indicates that there is a 14 day cooling off period during which the request can be cancelled. However, as I am within seven days of signing up this should not be an issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

Sarn sorry for jumping in on your thread which I'm also interested in the outcome as I switched on the 21/3 but notice on the email that the fixed 12 month term does not expire until the 31/3/15. Aoife as a gesture of goodwill would you perhaps take sympathetic view on our cases & see if there is anything that could be done. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi amber2,

Thank you for your post.

Sarn, please excuse my error, you are correct, there is 14 day cooling off period applicable with switch applications and applications of price plans.

I appreciate your situation Amber2, but unfortunately we are not able to update the offer chosen during your switch if it has already been submitted. We frequently update our offers, and so can only apply what was agreed at the time.

If there's anything you'd like me to look into on your account, please feel free to PM with your account/switch details.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

Thanks for the reply PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimmyoc

Hi Aoife .i have 500 units credit  with my present supplier they overestameted i want to go to elect irl so what is my situation re this credit.

Hi jimmyoc,

Glad to read that you'd like to switch to Electric Ireland. You would need to contact your current supplied to confirm their procedure, but when switching to Electric Ireland, you'll need to provide an actual meter reading. We then pass this onto your current supplier and advise them of the switch. If there is any credit outstanding at this stage then they should be able to reimburse you.

If you've any further questions about the switching process, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement