Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental shortages in rural Ireland??

Options
  • 01-04-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Am I missing something here ??
    I login to daft to check out accommodation to rent every few weeks and I notice that the amount of available properties decreasing every month to a stage now where there is not one 4+ bed house available in my town. Urban Population of circa 7k . (West of Ireland) . 1 either there is a serious shortage or 2. People are advertising else where?

If there is a shortage I am sure this will drive rents up and of course then property prices........Even outside of Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EPjnr

Anyone any opinion on this??

*Bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I've moved your thread as it was in the wrong forum and unlikely to get any replies under Third Level Accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

4 bed is larger than most. i haunt daft when i cannot sleep or when as now i cannot do much with arm in plaster and i had not noticed what you have

daft costs and not everyone will use it. small town here and several house ads in a local newsletter but none on daft. this is how i found my current rental. maybe private landlords who are not computer literate will not use daft; mine did not for that reason.

it is also coming into the tourist season when landords can get much more for short term rents and probably that will apply more to larger houses. house numbers always increas in late autumn

Advertisement