Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel time Naas to citywest

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

Hi all, doing 6 months work placement in Citywest from next week.
    Can't seem to find any decent apt/house to share beside Citywest, so now looking at a few places in Naas.
    How bad is the traffic from Naas to Citywest in the mornings (9am start time at work) ?
    Also is the M7 the best option at rush hour, or are there other options?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Traffic is mostly fine as the tailbacks usually start at around Kingswood which is after Citywest so 30 mins or less will get you to work most mornings although you will get some bad mornings especially if it's raining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

If you're driving then it's grand, N7 will get you there in 20 average.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

15 - 20 minutes max unless something happens traffic wise, I left at 8.30am this morning, went to Tesco Rathcoole and then to Citywest and was still in before 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

The odd morning you can meet traffic from Rathcoole to Citywest but it progresses. 20 minutes should be average i would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Aside from the commute consideration, you'd want to be mad to live anywhere close to citywest. There are one or two ok spots but a lot of it has become a warzone in the last few years. Remember you're still basically in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

give yourself about 30-40 minutes driving time. Traffic can and will vary - if there is an accident the n7 is a nightmare.
    Traffic is usually slow enough coming towards rathcoole (from newlands cross usually) but it does keep moving usually. Citywest bridge can get very long queues at it but if you drive past you can take the kingswood exit, go across that bridge and up through kingswood into citywest and often that will be quicker than going citywest bridge.
    There are also backroads you can use that run from kill / castle warden / steelstown - these run into rathcoole or saggart and can be very handy if N7 is bad. If you are heading in for 9 its often better to drive back roads into saggart than rathcoole though as you can avoid the traffic at rathcoole school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Aside from the commute consideration, you'd want to be mad to live anywhere close to citywest. There are one or two ok spots but a lot of it has become a warzone in the last few years. Remember you're still basically in Tallaght.

What a scaremongering post! Oh God no….not Tallaght!

I know many, many people who live in Citywest (it became the area of choice for people from where I grew up) and not one of them has had any problems. Yes, Tallaght gets it's fair share of bad publicity, but it has a huge population.

To call either area a 'warzone' is ludicrous.

OP, 25 mins sees me from Naas to Tallaght hospital most of the time, so 20 mins should cover you, unless there is an accident.

sadie06 wrote: »
    What a scaremongering post! Oh God no….not Tallaght!

I know many, many people who live in Citywest (it became the area of choice for people from where I grew up) and not one of them has had any problems. Yes, Tallaght gets it's fair share of bad publicity, but it has a huge population.

To call either area a 'warzone' is ludicrous.

Mybe your friends are lucky or mine unlucky. I know a chap who moved there from a rough area in Cabra, and is thinking of moving back. Nearly got his car jacked a few weeks back. Like any area there's good and bad, so be careful where you move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I worked in Citywest for a while - was happy to leave to be honest.

Traffic should be ok from Naas, but you can be caught on the bridge. There were days if I was unlucky that it took me nearly 30 minutes just to get from the N7 to my office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Hi I worked in citywest for five years and live in saggart and never had any problems .
    Around shoping centre and heading back back to saggart and rathcoole is grand ..
    Can be rough on feathercarin side heading back to town, but again I have done the luas to saggart late nite with no problems.

If you got a place in saggart or rathcoole its an easy 10mins to work even kill village on the way to naas is nice ,

It was great going home for lunch everyday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Also N7 traffic can be at a standstill from Rathcoole to Naas on fridays evenings or if their is an accident

Advertisement