Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem opening PDF

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

Not the best when it comes to technology or anything. I'm getting payslips from work through my e-mails but i can't seem to open the attach pdf. The document requires a password to allow me to open it. Now I did switch to which account my payslip was been sent to from my outlook which was a student account to a regular outlook account that is installed on the computer.

These messages come up that i have attached to this post. One of when I try open the file and the other is actually in the e-mail. Hope you people can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Sounds like you c: drive is full.
    Check the properties of it via My Computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Thanks for the reply. Cleaned out the junk in it and still says that the file is corrupted. Downloaded a different PDF reader called Foxit and still the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Few things to try. Save the attachment locally first and then open that.
    Failing that temp disable your antivirus app there and try opening it again. Also if you have access to gmail or google drive send it to either and open from there in your browser.

I assume you trust and know the sender and the file is in fact not infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Thanks for your help but none of that seems to be working. Even sent it to two different devices and forwarded it to three different accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

looks like your antivirus is trying to unpack and check the pdf. It can't do it without password, so maybe it blocks access to the pdf file?

You can try firefox to open those pdfs (just as a test), you can try to switch of antivirus for a moment or maybe there is an option to exclude that file from scan?

If you have that problem just with one pdf the file may be corrupted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement