Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luftrausers

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Is anyone playing Luftrausers here? It was released last week on PSN. I'm not normally a fan of this type of game but I thought I would give it a try. It is pretty fun. Difficult but still fun.

For anyone that has played it, have you destroyed the blimp yet? I've only gotten it to spawn once and I have no idea how to get it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Play it every day going into work. Got a blimp to spawn a few times but I've not been able to destroy it.

What config are you running with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Otacon wrote: »
    Play it every day going into work. Got a blimp to spawn a few times but I've not been able to destroy it.

What config are you running with?

I generally stick with the original guns, the armor body so I can take more damage and switch between the original or superboost engine.

The nuke body is fun but doesn't offer much assistance while you are alive. I'd like to have it though if I ever get the blimp to respawn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was initially skeptical about the intentional, GameBoy'esque graphics, but ultimately they work with the game rather than against it, and it's a joy to play once you get used to the controls. Very tricky game but in a rewarding rather than punishing or frustrating way. I like the little touches such as how the soundtrack changes slightly depending on what loadout you're flying with.

My own preference is the default body, engine, but with the laser beam; I find it makes it easier to take out the ships ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I love the 'Scientist' - gungine (an engine that fires projectiles), the cannon (ridiculously powerful but slow rate of fire) and the armor body.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lost an entire afternoon to this game today. Fantastic stuff, as is perhaps to be expected from those crazy geniuses behind Ridiculous Fishing. There's something very special about simple mechanics hiding this amount of depth. It's clearly a game that has been revised and revised 'til it plays like a dream.

I tried the game on Vita and PS3, although thought the latter was by far the preferable option - neither the sticks nor the D-Pad on the former can match up to a proper controller for twitchy gameplay like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had to give up on this game. I only got the airship to appear three times but never managed to take it down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I had to give up on this game. I only got the airship to appear three times but never managed to take it down.

The Hellrauser does the job - fast boost, homing missiles and melee body. Stay in a straight line up high slowly taking down planes until the blimp spawns, and then a few fly throughs should do the job. Just need to be careful as your ship can only take three or four bullet hits. It was actually surprisingly easy with that strategy, given it can be a nightmare even taking down a battleship.

Now the real challenge is going to be managing it during an actual high score run :eek:

Advertisement