Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

navigational watch rating certificate

Options
  • 01-04-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

How do i go about getting a navigational watch rating certificate in Ireland?
    A company in the UK have emailed me about a job but want to know if i have this cert which i don't, is there much hassle to get it?

I have an EDH but did that ticket with proof of seatime from fishing, i also have worked in the UK on windfarm workboats but was never asked for this navigational watch rating certificate,

just wondering anybody got any info about ways of getting it

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Not that sure anymore, I got my during my seatime before my EDH. Since you got an exemption I am not sure how that would work. Best bet is to call the Mercantile marine office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Not sure what the Irish system is but for the MCA (UK) 6 months sea times is required and you must complete a short training record book.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/mca/min303.pdf

Good luck

Advertisement