Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Cycling.

Options
  • 01-04-2014 10:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're starting our beginners cycling spins this Monday at 7pm from the castle. This is aimed at people who would like to learn how to cycle in a group, at leisure and charity events. It will be run by Marble City Cyclers and coached by myself. I am a level one cycling coach and this will be my fourth year training beginners. For anymore info see our website or facebook page.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Do you know anywhere that would stock 2nd hand road bicycles (racers)? Would like to get into cycling but looking at the price of new bicycles its a fairly serious commitment just to get started.

I have a mountain bike but it's got shocks on the front which annoy me no end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wimbago wrote: »
    Do you know anywhere that would stock 2nd hand road bicycles (racers)? Would like to get into cycling but looking at the price of new bicycles its a fairly serious commitment just to get started.

I have a mountain bike but it's got shocks on the front which annoy me no end.

I know Altitude in Waterford sell second hand bikes, not so sure about places in Kilkenny.

Rather then the large one off cost for a road bike, could you perhaps make use of the bike to work scheme to get one and that way you pay back over the year (minus the tax)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The cycling adverts forum is good as it's mostly guys looking to offload their old bikes after an upgrade. I picked up two of my bikes there for good money.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement