Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auctionair overpricing galway house's?????

• 01-04-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi there i have Mate that had being intrested in a house in the kilouther area of castlegar in galway, this house had been to a builders finish, he had contacted the owner and had asked would he sell, he said yes but wanted to get it valued, he has just told me that he has spoken to him and he has shown him the auctionairs valuation, it states the house when finished will be worth €400000 (in this day and age???) and it states it will cost €110000 to finish it (this i could agree with!!) so this auctionair has advised the owner to sell for around €290000 with the way it is, now here's what i dont get, in june of 2013 a house of same size less than 100mtr's away with the same amount of land and finished to higest standerd was sold for €273,500 that was june of last year, thats a jump of €126500 and there is a house less then a half mile away same size today for €235,000. I just dont understand it...No wonder the country is up in a heep........ Cowboys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So what car will you buy with the money instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't buy a house in Castlegar i have it on good authority a 5 cylinder alarm clock sounds around 9.20am most days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Falf wrote: »
    Hi there i have being intrested in a house in the kilouther area of castlegar in galway, this house had been to a builders finish, i had contacted the owner and had asked would he sell, he said yes but wanted to get it valued, well i have just spoken to him and he has shown me the auctionairs valuation, it states the house when finished will be worth €400000 (in this day and age???) and it states it will cost €110000 to finish it (this i could agree with!!) so this auctionair has advised the owner to sell for around €290000 with the way it is, now here's what i dont get, in june of 2013 a house of same size less than 100mtr's away with the same amount of land and finished to higest standerd was sold for €273,500 that was june of last year, thats a jump of €126500 and there is a house less then a half mile away same size today for €235,000. I just dont understand it...No wonder the country is up in a heep........

Auctioneering is a noble proffession indeed😣!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

moved from Motors

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

Falf wrote: »
    Hi there i have Mate that had being intrested in a house in the kilouther area of castlegar in galway, this house had been to a builders finish, he had contacted the owner and had asked would he sell, he said yes but wanted to get it valued, he has just told me that he has spoken to him and he has shown him the auctionairs valuation, it states the house when finished will be worth €400000 (in this day and age???) and it states it will cost €110000 to finish it (this i could agree with!!) so this auctionair has advised the owner to sell for around €290000 with the way it is, now here's what i dont get, in june of 2013 a house of same size less than 100mtr's away with the same amount of land and finished to higest standerd was sold for €273,500 that was june of last year, thats a jump of €126500 and there is a house less then a half mile away same size today for €235,000. I just dont understand it...No wonder the country is up in a heep........ Cowboys.

So it costs 110k to finish it.
    it will be worth 400k and he will sell for 290k?

you've got your numbers wrong there mate.

if you want a house for 235€k then buy one and quit moaning.

if you dont want to buy one through an auctioneer who likely gets a cut of sale price then buy one through a private deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Falf

I think its you that got it wrong, TRY read my post AGIN..!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement