Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian/NZ Police Certification for Canada

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just wondering does anyone know which police check is required for anyone who has lived in Australia. Is the finger print check required or is it just the name check? I need to apply for a New Zealand check too if anyone knows about it.

Also this is my second application for a Canadian visa (my first was in 2009) and I spent a year there so I'm assuming I need to apply for a Canadian ploice check as well?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I've had no luck tracking down answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

The IEC website tells you what police checks are needed.

Google AFP police certificate for your OZ one. Its a matter of filling out a form, uploading it with some ID then paying 45 dollars.

Google Ministry of Justice NZ Police clearance for your NZ one. Same again, print out a form, fill it in and email it with ID, its free but takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response. Could you pass on the link from the page on the IEC website? Can't seem to find it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp

This is for NZ. It says fill in the details and they will access the results for you but if you read the bottom it says
    A Ministry of Justice certificate is acceptable for International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants.

I got mine posted to my mates address in NZ because it only took about 10 days total, they said it would be much longer if I wanted it posted to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

Sweet. Now the tricky one seems to be for Canada itself. The website says I might need one in which case I'll need to do the fingerprint check.

• Advertisement
Advertisement