Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much ten month old should eat?

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

My second girl is ten and half months - wondering what amts she should be eating solids wise? She's a great eater but I'm wondering if she's eating a little too much. She seems quite chubby but obviously that's just adorable at her age and so I'm not concerned but know my eldest never was like this! She was always difficult to feed! She eats porridge in the morning, 5oz at lunch and 5oz in evening, with bottles of 6oz at 7am, 4oz at 11am, 6 at 4pm and 4 at 7pm
    Maybe she's just tubby bless her but just want to make sure we aren't giving her too much. Bushes doing great in every other way and I don't think it's an issue but would love to know what other ppl are feeding this age group!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My youngest is 14 months now but at 10 months he was on 3 x 240ml (hungry baby formula)bottles.
    weetabix or porridge for breakfast,
    A yogurt and fruit or Liga as a snack,
    whatever the sisters were having for lunch(sandwiches,crackers,pasta) and what ever was going for dinner.

He is a savage baby but not fat but pretty big.

He went off bottles shortly after as he loved his food so changed to stage 3 milk which was less filling and he took them again.

Now he gets a bottle going to bed as he loves milk from a cup.

They are all different and he and his 3 year old sister eat around the same amount of food per day but they are also very near in size and weight. As she is tiny and he is huge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

A is a much better eater than O was at that age. I'm amazed at how much dinner she can eat. I think as long as they're leading the way as regards feeding ie no airplanes or other distractions to get them to eat more then they eat what they need. It's a busy time for them as they're crawling and maybe even standing up and trying to walk.

A always has been on the tubby side although a lot of the rolls have gone since she started crawling and generally getting into mischief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Food wise she has a breastfeed around 5/6am, a little bit of my porridge with me, half a slice of toast and a weetabix for breakfast in crèche. She has a snack of some fruit and baby biscuits/brioche/half a sandwich then her lunch. Lunch is the same dinner as her brother. I give her supper around 5.30 which could be boiled egg and toast, pasta, toasted cheese and some fruit or a yoghurt. She now has a sippy cup of warmed cows milk at 5pm and a breastfeed at 6.30 before bed.

Advertisement