Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PR/ Marketing Work Experience

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey there,
    In the middle of my Leaving Cert at the moment and hoping to do a 2 week work experience placement in a PR firm this Summer in August. I'm very keen to get experience for my CV as I realise the competition that lies out there for jobs. I've put down BESS in Trinity College down as my number one on my CAO form. I'm just wondering if anyone could give me tips on good PR firms that would accept someone like me and also how I could improve my CV for entering this sort of career?

Thanks a mill for your help,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭RingTheAlarm!

Sorry to hijack your thread Ciaran!
    I am in the same situation myself, and this is with a degree! I have e-mailed countless places myself, and to be fair the rejection e-mails have been prompt. The thing catching me is the fact that I can't do a Job Bridge placement and realistically I just want to get experience before doing a masters, because once again what use is a masters without experience.
    Regardless, best of luck and keep at it, call into places if possible, maybe someone knows someone who wouldn't mind an extra set out hands around the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dublinteens

Yeah I'd imagine its very hard to get experience, such demand out there for placements! Would you mind if I asked you what course you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulaKellyBiz

@RingTheAlarm!, are you looking for something in Dublin? What's your degree course ? I may be able to suggest something.

Advertisement