Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home tutor toddler (ASD)

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

Hi

My 2 year old has recently been approved 10 hours per week with a home tutor. I know the ideal is 2 hours per day but I think there will be few Asd qualified teachers where we live.

We have heard of a very qualified girl who can do 2 x 5 hour sessions. Would that be too much for a two year old?

I'm torn between getting someone well qualified and even getting a good 6 hours (so not to over stress my child) per week from someone very suitable or getting the 10 from a teacher with no asd experience and qualifications.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

CaraMay wrote: »
    Hi

My 2 year old has recently been approved 10 hours per week with a home tutor. I know the ideal is 2 hours per day but I think there will be few Asd qualified teachers where we live.

We have heard of a very qualified girl who can do 2 x 5 hour sessions. Would that be too much for a two year old?

I'm torn between getting someone well qualified and even getting a good 6 hours (so not to over stress my child) per week from someone very suitable or getting the 10 from a teacher with no asd experience and qualifications.

Any thoughts?

We recently had home tuition for our son. He was 2 and a half. We used up the ten hours a week. Used it over 2 days per week. We sent him to a creche and his home tuition teacher went with him. We found this to be ideal as at home he was easily distracted. In creche he was able to be around other kids, he didn't mix with them much but he got used to being around them. We found he had enough after the 4 hours though.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement