Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All the information on my iPhone 4s (contacts, calander dates, etc) just cleared out

• 02-04-2014 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I tried restarting the phone. Nothing reloaded. I was texting and going back and forth from the App Store to my texts when all the sudden a text notification came up with just the phone number, not the contact name. So I went under contacts and they're all GONE. Everything is gone, calander dates, notes, etc. I'm so frustrated! This has happened twice before, but not with everything at once! How do I get all this info back without putting it all back in myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Summer519

alf66 wrote: »
    Have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes ?

I don't like connecting it to itunes because it always syncs things I don't want and I end up with copies of songs and pictures. I haven't synced it since I got the phone so I don't think all the info would be backed up to there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you it backed up to iCloud? Log in online and see is everything there if it is go to iCloud settings on the phone and check contacts and calendar etc are selected.

You need to get your head around iTunes, can save you in times like this. It doesn't do what you said like create duplicates your doing something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

if its contacts and calendar entries then it sounds like an icloud issue. as previous poster mentioned, sign into icloud.com and see if your info is there. If it is then you could just turn off all the switches in icloud settings (contacts, calendar, notes), this will prompt to delete from iphone or keep, click keep. Once theyre turned off turn them back on and see if all the info reappears.

The other option and not such a good outcome is if you had that info on another device that you gave to someone else. They may have deleted the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Summer519 wrote: »
    I don't like connecting it to itunes because it always syncs things I don't want and I end up with copies of songs and pictures. I haven't synced it since I got the phone so I don't think all the info would be backed up to there anyway.

That's because you haven't gone through the sync settings and tabs in iTunes and made sure it doesn't do any of those things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

So you'd rather not sync in iTunes and lose all your information when something goes wrong? Okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I really don't know where this averse attitude to iTunes comes from (not attacking YOU OP...). Setting up iTunes and getting to grips with the preferences and settings is a little time consuming to some extent.

But it is an investment. An investment that pays off very quickly as we manage the iPhone and all of the amazing things it helps us with in our lives. Calendars/email/reminders/apps/music/photos etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

The same thing happened to me in the past so I know how annoying it can be. I would echo the sentiment above, it is worth going through iTunes and setting up the sync options the way you want them to be. Having your contacts and calendar sync with iCloud is also a good idea. In addition, your network may offer an app that backs up your contacts. You can never have too many copies!

Just as a matter of interest, what version of iOS are you using? This issue happened to a lot of users with iOS 5.1.1. One quick fix was to update to a newer iOS.

Also, in my opinion turn off automatic sync on connect in iTunes as this will overwrite your last good back-up with the one with wiped contacts. Someone may know a way to override this when you connect your device. Don't forget to back-up periodically (think I'll take my own advice and do it now).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Summer519

That's a good idea! Thank you! I think at this point I'm on iOS 7.1...? It's the next upgrade after iOS 7.

Sarn wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me in the past so I know how annoying it can be. I would echo the sentiment above, it is worth going through iTunes and setting up the sync options the way you want them to be. Having your contacts and calendar sync with iCloud is also a good idea. In addition, your network may offer an app that backs up your contacts. You can never have too many copies!

Just as a matter of interest, what version of iOS are you using? This issue happened to a lot of users with iOS 5.1.1. One quick fix was to update to a newer iOS.

Also, in my opinion turn off automatic sync on connect in iTunes as this will overwrite your last good back-up with the one with wiped contacts. Someone may know a way to override this when you connect your device. Don't forget to back-up periodically (think I'll take my own advice and do it now).

Advertisement