Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to eat lunch like AVOCA but not AVOCA?

Options
  • 02-04-2014 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Father coming up to Dublin today, and we normally go to AVOCA. Want to try something different, but don't know Dublin that well.

Is there anywhere that's the same type of restaurant that's not AVOCA?

Basically anywhere that's pretty nice for lunch.

Thanks!

(Yes, yes, if I want somewhere like AVOCA, why don't I just go to AVOCA? Much sarcasm. Well done.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Fallon & Byrne?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

I dropped into The Cedar Tree lebanese restaraunt on Andrews St. there on Monday for lunch because I fancied a change from the ususal too. They were doing a 10.50 euro lunch menu and is was pretty good and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

KC Peaches on Nassau St is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

KC Peaches is lovely - I went to the one just down from the Shelbourne Hotel heading towards Baggot Street. The brownies with baked cheesecake are to die for!

The Bakehouse on Bachelor's Walk is lovely.

The restaurant in Kilkenny Design Shop used to be lovely - don't know what it's like now.

Advertisement