Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 7 To Show Gaelic Games Live This Year

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

This will keep a few jersey wearers down in the Cock and Bull happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

This is brilliant.

I'm hoping to be over there full time soon after being over for a year previously, and this is great news.

Any of my AFL paying Aussie mates love the GAA and are always fascinated by it. Its gonna be great craic watching the hurling with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Should be a good thing if the international rules games head down under? Would be good publicity?

I would also imagine that some AFL fans might tune in to watch the football?

I find that it's easy enough to settle into AFL as a spectator sport coming from Ireland. I went to a few game when I was down under, and bar one or two small rules, it was very easy to follow.

Hopefully they'll catch on to hurling, want to be the best at it, and take it up! Don't mind yer cricket!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Ad breaks every time there is a break in play? Would actually ruin the enjoyment of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Ad breaks every time there is a break in play? Would actually ruin the enjoyment of the game

Given that it will be on in wee hours of morning you'd hope they cut back on ads, hard to know with Ch7 though. They'll probably stick it on one of digital channels like 7mate so viewership/advertising revenue won't be huge for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

seachto7 wrote: »

Hopefully they'll catch on to hurling, want to be the best at it, and take it up! Don't mind yer cricket!
    be careful what you wish for! A hurl will be called a sticko, the ball will get called a pucko, they'll stick in two extra posts for behinds, there'll be four quarters and there's a pretty good chance it will get branded here as gealic hockey!

Advertisement