Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5C unlock network

• 02-04-2014 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

Anyone know if it's possible to unlock a 5C from Vodafone network, phone is contract an still a month or so to run, free software would be better if anyone knows of any

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi there,

Anyone know if it's possible to unlock a 5C from Vodafone network, phone is contract an still a month or so to run, free software would be better if anyone knows of any

Thanks

No way without paying for it. How there is only a month to run on the contract when it would be a minimum 12 month contract and it was only released at the tail end of last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

whiterebel wrote: »
    No way without paying for it. How there is only a month to run on the contract when it would be a minimum 12 month contract and it was only released at the tail end of last year?

It can be done if someone else who is a pre pay customer requests the unlock and have reached the criteria on their account (don't know what it is but usually someone who has topped up by €120 or something). Worked for me when I gave my 4s on contract to my gf and she requested it to be unlocked under her PAYG account and it was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesmcilroy

whiterebel wrote: »

It was my business phone and I had a deal of yearly upgrade on my contract without extension so I'm changing provider shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It was my business phone and I had a deal of yearly upgrade on my contract without extension so I'm changing provider shortly.
    His point was the phone is only available here a little over 6 months ago so how is your yearly contract up in a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesmcilroy

guil wrote: »
    His point was the phone is only available here a little over 6 months ago so how is your yearly contract up in a month?

Because it wasn't a yearly contract, it was an 18month contract where I could upgrade after a year free of charge, no extensions, so regardless of how old the phone is my contract is almost up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Have you tried to contact Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

just request it on vodafones website here
    it's free of charge

Advertisement