Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying property from auction advice

Options
  • 02-04-2014 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I'm very interested in a property going for auction in a couple of weeks.

What should I get done in advance of the auction. I'm already mortgage approved for the property I'm looking at. I'm getting a valuation and structural report carried out. Anything else?

How much should it cost to get a solicitor to look over draft contracts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

tonic wine wrote: »
    I'm very interested in a property going for auction in a couple of weeks.

What should I get done in advance of the auction. I'm already mortgage approved for the property I'm looking at. I'm getting a valuation and structural report carried out. Anything else?

How much should it cost to get a solicitor to look over draft contracts?

Depends on where you are on the country but from personal experience conveyancing fees can be anywhere in the region of €900 - €1500 + vat. Best advice is shop around , get a few solicitors quotes for the conveyancing etc. Also, beware that cheapest may not be best in the long run - can any friends etc recommend efficient and thorough solicitors practices that you could approach for quotes ?
    There will also be miscellaneous land registry fees etc - solr can advise you on these standard expense items. Good luck at the auction - keep us informed here how you get on and if you're successful !

Advertisement